CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #51
Drizzt80
Nice Joe! That was good for a laugh!

D80

Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 PM   #52
herp_lover2004
hmmm

ok well first not to sound like I dont understand whats going on, just to be sure non of you will cut my head off... BUT I did notice that rich..you do have a site under the thingy... so wouldnt THAT also count as a "come look at my site" and cant we (to a exstent) put what we want as a sigenger or whatever?

Old 04-17-2005, 11:37 PM   #53
Hurley
Rich has said he doesn't care if you put sites in your signature. Just stay within the rules of 4 lines and no pictures, max 2 emoticons. And I would think Rich could advertise any of his sites as he sees fit. It's his site.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #54
herp_lover2004
no one defence

Originally Posted by herp_lover2004
I'm sorry but I dont aggree with rich, he didnt have to be rude to him even if he did speek his mind. if you think he was being rude you only added to it by saying that remarke. there are already to to TO many people on here that are sometimes rude to others... some of them were rude to me even.

Just becasue someone was rude to you doesn't mean you should jump on mosdef defense team. I would hardly consider Rich's comment rude. The following comments from mosdef were not only rude but could even be taken as a threat.

ok that is what dand said to me and for one DAND I was not jumping on any one defense team I was simple say that if someone says something dont add to it, it only make things worse... you should have learned that in 2nd grade.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #55
sherry
Hello,
This may sound rude, but it’s not meant to be if it does. Yes I admit o was one of the dummies who posted my site. I wasn’t trying to steel people out of your party rich so my apology’s if you thought so. I'm not as advansed as you are and my site isn’t even about snakes mostly, thought I did post pics of my snake. And I also sent you a pm saying I was sorry. I honestly didn’t know you were paying for it and I offered to give u free hosting, which u turned down. But I think that it was unfair. Did you even visit the sites to see what they were about? I always check out people signatures, cuz I enjoy reading about snakes. But there have been many time were its just malls, or snakes for sale.so whats the difference, of having a mall in ur sig, or having thead that the be read possably visited and forgot about.for my bisness it its just a sitty website a begginer made and didnt have any advatizement, why not have a post about it, let few people read it then everyone forget it, then having it in sig areas and having people vvisit that site 50 times a day. i understand what your rules are, and i comprehend then and i folow them But I have a question; there have been many resent posts that don’t have any message in it and just a link, why aren’t you deleting those? I think a description of the site would help, at least with the "look here this is my site I made" was better then just a plain ulr. and why throw a fit over website when u have a bigger problem with people themselves being rude, you will have more people leave you party, if there’s rude people in it, almost all posts turn into a huge fight that never gets dropped. and in the chat if someone don’t like you u get bashed by them, I don’t think its very nice, I actually have been to this site in a very long time, cuz every post I make end up everyone bashing me, and I know this one will too, and in the chat rooms people bash me, eather becuase of my spelling or my age. I think that’s a big people looser here. This should be a site of fun, and of learning new things not a place of war and arguments. I also don’t think its fair for you so scream and yell that’s its so exceptive when I offered a free hosting for u, that way u don’t have to pay, that’s the only way I have my website. Like I said before this may sound rude but it’s not intended to be, just telling you what I though about all of it.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #56
MegF.
Sherry, this forum hosts literally hundreds of people a day. Many of them are the same people, but there are a lot who are here off and on over time. You are bound to run across a few rude ones. As a matter of fact, as you get older, you're going to have to deal with rude people all over the place. I don't think I've ever been rude to anyone on this forum, ever. To say that everytime you post, someone is rude to you is most likely an overstatement. If someone is nicely asking that you check your spelling with spell check, that's not rude, it's just constructive criticism. We all have to deal with that as well. Rich has stated his position and as owner and forum moderator I think we all need to respect that whether you agree or not. Rich runs multiple sites that benefit all of us. He also runs a huge business. I'm pretty certain he does not have the time or energy to check out every link or website posted in order to find out what is on it. If you wish to post your website, put the link in your signature or advertise on a banner. Otherwise, don't. Simple as that! I will continue to contribute my time and money to this site because I think it's one of the finest out there and has some of the most educated people in the business. How many sites can you go to (except her own) where you can get posts from people like Kathy Love??? I belong to a lot of reptile forums and I can tell you this is as good as it gets! Stop being so defensive, and enjoy what we have. I think you'll find that you'll have less problems with people, and might even find out that no one is attacking you ( even me)......O.K....I'm stepping down off my soapbox now.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #57
Lennycorn
Had to knock some dust off of that thread, huh! Meg.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #58
MegF.
Yes I did, because frankly I just noticed it, not the date. I hate people who get all burned for nothing!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #59
Lennycorn
Would of been easier for her to just say...oops Sorry.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:25 AM   #60
nehpets1
Definitely new to cornsnakes.com

And I mean no offense. Is there a place where COrnsnake breeders can list their businesses either on the site or elsewhere.

I'm in a bad way tring to find unrelated corns to breed, and just curious, esp since I know of a few people, and know even fewer personally...

Or is that what the contributor forums are for, to pay Rich to hail personal sites on cornsnakes.com?

Now that I'm working this as more than a hobby, I am anxious to meet other breeders, and know about their projects.

i.e. South Mountain's former Coral Ghosts that I picked up at a show last month, or Composite's amber Stripes...

Where is the place for that?

Again no offence. I'm loving the discussions so far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread