CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

4-5month old corn snake handling issues please assist.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
djfreebase
Just be confident, try approaching him from the side and scoop him up, supporting as much of his body as possible. let him slither from one hand to the next. please Remember though no handling for the 1st week.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
clipclopclip
Also, wear gloves if you are afraid. Cheap cotton gloves work fine. That way you won't flinch when he strikes and he won't be able to bite you through the gloves. You will be more confident. As he gets used to handling and gets older, you can remove the gloves. There is no shame in wearing gloves, it really helps.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
snakeeeguyy
awesome advice guys thanks, :], he really is a nice lil guy, even though i shouldnt have handled him yet :[ (i now learned) hes only tried strikeing me twice and that was when i was trying to pick him up, today though once i did get him out, he was the freindliest he ever has been, while i was typing on the computer i put him in my sweatshirt hoody pocket to see what he'd do, and he slowly went to the edge of my pocket curled up lengthend his head along the crease put it down and went to sleep ;] i was so happy lol, i think hes thankful that i took him out of that dreadful enviroment he was in.. when i brought him home, he had a bit of dried skin on the tip of his tail and i have a leopard gecko which ive had for about 5 years now, so i know how bad that is, i immediatly took him out of his cage, and calmly with my fingers wet, rubbed the water on the tip of his tail... to later see that skin fall off along with a bit of the end of his tail!!!! :[!!! poor bert... (thats his name), but yeah.. thanks again for advice guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google