CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

1 or 2???

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
DaBachelor
1 or 2???

Hey i recently noticed my corn snake after his feeding would remain active and would even climb his tree afterwards. And then after his feeding you could swear he hadnt eaten anything because his sive was next to normal. So through observing this i felt as if he wasnt obtaining enough food therfore, for to weeks now i have been giving him two pinkies instead of one and he seems to enjoys this because afterwards he doesnt look for anymore food he just looks for a place to digest it. I also noticed his tank activity slowing down a little but i took in account that he may be ready to hibernate. So my question is, Is this healthy for "Neon"?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Em Wright
Not long ago I noticed the same thing about my 08 Anery. She would take the pinky, but not look as though she'd eaten. I started giving her two pinkies and that filled her a bit better, however recently I've upgraded her to fuzzies (more along the lines of the peach fuzzy, please see next paragraph) as the bulge from the two pinkies only lasted about 24 hours. The fuzzy works great for her now.

I am not, however suggesting that you take your baby from two pinkies to fuzzies. You would need to be absolutely sure that the fuzzy is not to big for him. This is a good source of information I found some time ago. Scroll down to the feeding part and you'll see a chart that has the different mice sizes.

I do hope that helps.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
wade
How much does your snake weigh and how big are the pinkies you are giving him?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
DaBachelor
thanks. altough i dont think hell be ready for fuzzies until the end of next month( im estimating). and hes about a foot long baby im not sure of his weight yet

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google