CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Weird post shedding behavior

Old 05-25-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
MesoCorney
Weird post shedding behavior

Ever since my corn snake maize shed in pieces for his first with me, I have included a moist hide in his tank when he goes into blue. He never uses it, but I continue as I figure it will at least raise the surrounding humidity a bit. Also ever since I have included it his sheds seem perfect. Well I noticed he had shed earlier to day. I inspected his shed skin, which was complete. I also took him out to check the more difficult areas like the tip of his tail. There was no stuck shed. I had to leave the house so I just put him back in his tank. When I came home he was relaxing in his humid hide. The only thing I can think of is that he is dehydrated, but he has a full bowl of clean water. Any ideas? I just want to make sure something serious is not going on.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
DollysMom
Mine had a stuck piece on his tail his first shed. He went in his humid hide only after shedding. I don't know if he noticed the stuck piece, which came off in the hide, or if the moisture just felt good. I wouldn't worry about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google