• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ideas for a Presentation

Jenn-675

So there is a good chance I have to do a presentation at my college on reptiles. Now I have done this for little kids before, but am at a loss for college age people as they are more knowledgeable then a little kid. Any ideas of what to talk about?

Firstly, what class is it for? What year are you and your classmates in currently? That may determine the type of content you'll want to focus on.

Secondly, you'd be surprised at the number of college graduates who are not much more knowledgeable than little kids on the subject of animals...

It is for a zoology II class and I have a few ideas (identification, how they are helpful, stuff like that). I am a sophomore, but there are people of all ages in the class.

Well that was more what I meant...like if it was a higher level class you might go into some greater detail. Since venomous snakes are always a fun topic that brings out a lot of opinions, you could highlight native species and ways to identify dangerous ones? Could also tackle some myths about red-on-yellow-... (shovelnose snakes are great example of why that rhyme doesn't always work), slit vs round pupils (green mamba), triangle shaped heads (watersnakes), etc.

Back