CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

1 month old corn snake not eating

Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #31
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight-1 View Post
u guys have no idea how hard it is to have a snake that wont eat and can u recomend a good place to buy live pinkies

I would say the problem isn't with the snake, it is with you. Obviously you aren't serious with all of this and if you are, bless the snakes heart, it shouldn't be long now.

I am through with this one. If you are sincere, good luck and go to a pet store and get a danged pinkie. If you aren't serious, go to wherever and get a life!

dc

Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #32
GillianC
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight-1 View Post
u guys have no idea how hard it is to have a snake that wont eat and can u recomend a good place to buy live pinkies
I hate to just pop in here, but I have two almost yearlings from June '08 that still won't eat voluntarily, except on rare occasion. But on the note of how you could get yours to eat, I'd say braining is a pretty good idea. That's how a bunch of mine started eating. Another method I've used (although I wouldn't exactly recommend this) is scenting using lizard saliva. We have a house gecko that was supposed to be fed to snakes, but we found the scenting to be more useful. The reason I wouldn't recommend this is because it involves taking care of another animal and it's pretty stressful for the gecko (which is why we actually stopped doing it). I really hope that your little guy starts eating.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
twilight-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
I would say the problem isn't with the snake, it is with you. Obviously you aren't serious with all of this and if you are, bless the snakes heart, it shouldn't be long now.

I am through with this one. If you are sincere, good luck and go to a pet store and get a danged pinkie. If you aren't serious, go to wherever and get a life!

dc
thats rude am i trying i want her to live

Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #34
foolishcactus
Although baby corns are usually pigs, they can go a long time without eating. How long has it been since the last meal? How about waiting five days and trying again? Don't freak out yet...I've had babies go months without eating, didn't like it but they survived.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
Razzy27
My snake hasnt eaten in about a week currently, but I think its because she is going through her shed right now. I have read here on many different threads not to freak out because that is normal behavior for the snake. I am going to the pet store tonight though because I have to buy some new sand for my gecko tank anyways, so I will most likely pick up some pinkies, or fuzzies or something to see if she is ready to eat. I have noticed that Lucy(snake) is just about done with her shed, and I know she is hungry because she gets all excited when i open her tank cover as if i am getting ready to take her out to feed her.

She sure is a rare looking corn snake though. she has bright ornage/brown eyes, and the normal brown black with slight reds, oranges and white between the scales.

Also, her tongue is black with orange stripes in the sides.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google