• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Oh. There you are."

ladyrepublica

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
I had the worst freakout with Scarlet today. I peered into her cage and couldn't see her, so I figured she was hiding in her cavey thing on the warm side of the viv since I fed her yesterday evening. An hour later, I looked in, saw she wasn't in her cave, her "cool side" hide, or burrowed somewhere in her substrate.

I flipped out.

I took everything out of the viv, combed thoroughly through the substrate, then proceeded to look around the viv, under the TV, or by the XBox. It was at that point I started panicking. I kept thinking to myself, "did my boyfriend leave the lid open? OMG DID THE DOG EAT HER???" I decided to give up the search after 2 hours of turning over everything in the apartment and I put her hides back in the viv, hoping that she'd show up. I stopped when I saw a little pink tail flicker underneath her hide... she had stuck herself way up in the uppermost crevice of her hide!!

"Oh. There you are."

:rolleyes:

Cracking open a beer now after all that mess.

thats one thing im glad i dont have to wory about because i made a homeade lid that he wont be able to lift until hes about 3yrs old cause it weighs like 5-7lbs but i have a mechanism that will hold it. i know it will hold cause my dad made the same lid but bigger for his boa years ago.:toiletgra

Gosh this happened to us too, but Salvador hid in the bit under the sliding glass doors- apparantely notorious for babies to hide in but the pet shop told us it'd be a perfect tank for her. Glad you found her! :D

Awww, I did this when I brought my littlest snake home in August - LOL. My heart was racing and everything.

Luckily, she's become pretty good about using her hides instead now.

Back