CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New Member and New to Snake Keeping

Old 06-14-2019, 09:03 PM   #11
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOfCO View Post
He's beautiful! I love the Miami colors, and I look forward to hearing about what the new babies are like.
Get that terrarium/vivarium set up soon. She can't keep all those Miami tesseras. I'm predicting some beauties will be for sale in the near future. LOL

Old 06-14-2019, 09:06 PM   #12
JustinOfCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Get that terrarium/vivarium set up soon. She can't keep all those Miami tesseras. I'm predicting some beauties will be for sale in the near future. LOL
I saw the pics of some of them in another thread, and I already fell in love with all three. Definitely need to start working on the setup!

Old 06-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Haha! Is that a challenge?
I will be holding several back, to continue my projects, but there with be some limited availability on the Miami stuff.

Quote:
I saw the pics of some of them in another thread, and I already fell in love with all three. Definitely need to start working on the setup!
Let me know when you're ready, I may have something for you.
I have an adult male (sire to the babies listedf from last year), one female left from last year, and time will tell which ones I let go of this year. LOL

Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #14
JustinOfCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Haha! Is that a challenge?
I will be holding several back, to continue my projects, but there with be some limited availability on the Miami stuff.

Let me know when you're ready, I may have something for you.
I have an adult male (sire to the babies listedf from last year), one female left from last year, and time will tell which ones I let go of this year. LOL
I would definitely be interested in an adult. A larger snake that is already an established feeder is probably better than a youngin' (actually saw some of that advice given on here). I had been leaning toward getting a male, but since I have no plans to breed and just want to keep a single snake as a pet, I'm not picky.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Quote:
I would definitely be interested in an adult. A larger snake that is already an established feeder is probably better than a youngin' (actually saw some of that advice given on here). I had been leaning toward getting a male, but since I have no plans to breed and just want to keep a single snake as a pet, I'm not picky.
The adult male I have available is the sire to last year's clutch. I keep my snakes on iHerp, you can see his profile HERE. You can see his lineage and progression pics from when he was a baby.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:43 AM   #16
JustinOfCO
He's really pretty! The symmetrical mark on his head is really neat. Also fascinating to see the pics of him hatching, and how much his color changed over his life. His parents and grandparents are gorgeous as well, his grandsire is really sleek.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #17
lvchris
Welcome. This is a great forum, there are so many knowledgeable people here who actually take time to answer questions and help out it blows my mind..

Old 06-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #18
JustinOfCO
Thanks, Ivchris! I've noticed that there is a LOT of combined knowledge here, and it's fantastic. I feel way better prepared thanks to the folks here and their ability to answer my questions, even if that answer was just in the form of a search.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 PM   #19
gelshark
Hey Justin!
There used to be quite a few of us from Colorado that were active on the forum.
Corns are awesome pets, can't wait to see what you end up getting!

Old 07-05-2019, 11:27 PM   #20
JustinOfCO
Thanks for the welcome, Gelshark! Glad to find someone else in Colorado. I have been worried about how little humidity we have here, but slowly I'm starting to feel better about it now that I have the terrarium nearly completely set up.

Sadly, I'm finding very few corns available locally. I was hoping to avoid shipping a live animal, but local stock appears to be really thin right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
beginner, introduction, new member