CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Meet "Zephan" :)

Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Meet "Zephan" :)

Zephan is a Belgian Malinois that was picked up as a stray in NM. He later pulled from shelter by a group called "Rescue Me" that pull dogs from kill shelters, and transport them to no kill shelters. They transported him to a shelter in OR, south of Portland.

The shelter contacted a volunteer who has experience with Mal's to find a foster home for him as Mal's do not do well in shelters.
Someone else helped her out by posted him on a Malinois FB page, and I offered to foster him.
His temp foster mom pulled him from the shelter for me, and took him in to get neutered on Tuesday.
I will drive down to Vancouver, WA on Sunday to meet up with her to pick him up.
On my way back home, I will meet up with the gal who got me in touch with the temp foster mom who will be giving me a care package for Zephan, to help get him back to a healthy state.

The vet said that aside from being very malnourished, he is otherwise healthy.

The shelter originally listed him as 2-3 years old, but the gal who puled him for me thinks he's about 4 years old.

I am so excited to bring him home!

Old 11-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Aw, he's so skinny. Poor guy. You'll have to post updated pictures as he progresses in your care.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #3
Nanci
I can't wait to see how he looks in a few weeks!!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Zeina
He's beautiful.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 AM   #5
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Aw, he's so skinny. Poor guy. You'll have to post updated pictures as he progresses in your care.
I know
I will definitely post his progression pics.
In a couple months, he will look like a whole new dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't wait to see how he looks in a few weeks!!
Me too!
He's going to be so handsome when he starts to fill out! (Not that he isn't now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
He's beautiful.
Thank you! I agree!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #6
Pogie
Beautiful dog!!! So glad your going to get him back to health. I love that breed. So regal looking.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogie View Post
Beautiful dog!!! So glad your going to get him back to health. I love that breed. So regal looking.
Thank you! Ten years ago, you very rarely saw this breed. Now, they are all over in shelters, because people get them, thinking they will be a good house pet, and most of them are not.
They are jokingly referred to as German Shepherds on crack, and it is very fitting!
They have tremendous energy, and can be very hard to manage if they do not get their physical and mental needs met.

The German Shepherd has been my #1 breed my entire life. I was raised around them. My grandparents had one when I was a kid, and my dad has always had one, since I was a kid.
The Malinois is the first breed to ever challenge the GS as my #1 breed.

My current Mal/GS female is not a high drive dog, as far as Mal's go, but she is still a lot more work than any GS I have ever had.
She definitely keeps me active though.

I feel like a kid at Christmas time, anxiously waiting for Sunday, so I can go get him!

This is my girl, Alexa.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #8
Joba
Lucky guy!

Old 11-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Thank you!! I am so excited to get him tomorrow!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #10
Nanci
Waiting for pics!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google