CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Columbian boa

Old 07-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
DollysMom
Here's a slightly larger one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterilite...8604/204725029

Old 07-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
Asmodeus
fantastic thank you!! she will love it Im sure

Old 07-22-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
daddio207
Congrats !

Take DollysMom's advice ! Boas are extremely powerful and are great escape artists !

Old 07-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #14
Asmodeus
thank you! I have no doubt that they are very strong snakes, she squeezed my hand and arm pretty damn good lol

Old 07-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #15
DollysMom
Keep us posted. I'm in love with her from afar already!

Old 07-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #16
Joba
Throw some cypress mulch in there if you really want to jack up the humidity. I'd go with a 28Q tub for now, maybe even 41 for her. I'm warning you right now, you're going to want another boa, very soon. Opinions vary, of course, but unless she gets larger than a typical boa, a 4X2 PVC cage will be best for her. They are lightweight, easy to clean, and hold heat and humidity very well. I prefer Animal Plastics, but boaphiles are highly regarded also. Another brand is Boa Master. They look nice, but I've never used them or known anyone else who has. Best of luck!

Old 07-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #17
Asmodeus
I harrassed her one more time to move her to the tub tonight. She is currently exploring tho I'm not sure how much she can see at the moment.

The place I went to for the tub just so happened to be out of the large clips, so I figured a couple straps of industrial strength velcro would also do the trick lol

Maybe one day I will get her a non cardboard hide lol

I wanted to get a largeish dog bowl or something like that so she could actually get in it but the one she came with will do for now.

And also I seriously love this snake already. I have to come up with a good name for her!

Old 07-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #18
Asmodeus
Also thank you for the advice on where to find a more perminant cage for her joba! I will have to look around see what works for me

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Old 07-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #19
DollysMom
Straps are fine. Anything that keeps it secure, really. Looks nice! Cardboard works fine for now. She looks great!

Old 07-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #20
Asmodeus
I was able to go get a large log hide for her to hide in, and she seems to be loving it. This is her first true hide shes ever had and she has been in it since I put it in her tub. Still waiting on that shed, but I will still be waiting the standard week chillout time to attempt a feeding anyway so she's got time

(managed to get that water bowl for almost free. Score)

Couldnt reisit a quick hide photo while changing her water

Im still coming up with a good name!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google