CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

I couldn't help myself!!!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Zombiegirl
Talking I couldn't help myself!!!!!

So I posted on here a few days ago inquiring about hog island boas....and the reason I was asking was because of this little guy!!!

(photos by breeder Sonja K. over at iHerp)

I am a member over there and Sonja and I have talked back and forth about some of our snakes off and on, and she had a litter of these little guys a couple years ago and I wanted one then....and I noticed she had another littler this spring and I fell in love with his little face...he is so stinkin' cute!!! She is going to hold on to him for me while I get myself put back together so it will give me something to look forward to as I've been really depressed the past several days...

Anywho...just couldn't wait to share!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
HerpsOfNM
handsome little salmon, no?

I hear ya on the depressed thing, but I'll leave it at that. Gotta think positive!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
Zombiegirl
I'm trying...every day. Just went and picked up some St. John's Wort and 5-HTP...

He is actually a..............sunset (sunset/super hypo)

Old 07-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
HerpsOfNM
See...goes to show how current I'm not on my boa morphs LOL

I get to live vicariously on boas. I'm only allowed my sausage (personally-WC 2005 Harquahala rosy boa) and green tree pythons for boids. Though the only chondro I have is a Freek Nuyt wamena (fnreptiles.com - if it still exists).

My wife has decreed no snakes capable of eating small children or our cats. And while I agree with her, I'd still like to get a nice hog island, find a smoke'n hot Surinam or occidentalis.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #5
Zombiegirl
Lol...I threaten my cats with getting a boa large enough to eat them...at least the fat one...as payback for killing my crested gecko (I honestly seriously never in a bazillion years would allow a snake to eat my cats but still...)

He will be my first boa and I am thrilled! I do eventually want to get either a moonglow or lipstick/khal sunglow/some sort of albino BCI, but I figured I would start small and work my way up

Old 07-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #6
daddio207
Congrats on the new addition! NICE !

Yeah I did the big snake thing years ago and just don't the energy or mind set for them anymore but I would like a smaller one like a Hog Island Boa but, of course !!!??, not legal here

I have found that working with my collection comforts me on days I'm depressed.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
He's very cute. I love the color.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
Zombiegirl
Quote:
working with my collection comforts me on days I'm depressed
Agreed, but as of right now my collection is safely housed at a friends house in Boise until I can go get them. I love to watch them as they are very calming.

hypnoctopus: Isn't he?? He should orange up as he grows His mommy and daddy are both quite orange

Old 07-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
Nanci
Wow- really? Where do you live that a boa isn't legal???

Old 07-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #10
daddio207
Maine.

BCC are legal but BCI are not. Usually the unrestricted list can be vague on certain species but on "red tails" it is very specific to Boa Constrictor Constrictor. If they had posted just Boa Constrictor then the Imperator would have been legal (or as they say unrestricted) to keep.
Last year (?) the Maine Warden Service made national news by confiscating 4 snakes from a lady. A burmese python and Hog Island Boa ( restricted and they were only aware of them because she applied for a permit) and 2 unrestricted snakes one being a BCC. They euthanized all 4.
When I had my pet store I was raided 2 times because the IF&W that regulates pet stores had and still have no clue about what is really what in terms of species. Fortunately I had all the proper documentation and species info to show that everything WAS legal. I liked the "odd" species on the unrestricted list and had quite a few. It was still very stressful to go threw it though.........

Added: Because of Teacher's Pet Reptiles public shows I make sure nothing is questionable!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google