CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #121
Carinata
I do enjoy crime shows. I think I may presue a career in Law enforcment. The reptile thing will be on the side until I can do it full time. I have a friend in IL. Who Hatched around 300 corns, 100 BPs, and some other random stuff this year who says in 4 years he can do it full time.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #122
Hypancistrus
As much as I'd love to stay and play (especially given the increasing list of readers at the bottom there!) I sadly have to go finish feeding the snakes... only got three racks done this AM and the others are NOT happy campers. Also have to do laundry and other stuff to prepare for my lovely first day of school tomorrow, with all sorts of charming 14 year olds.

David, Geese, don't start crap this week! It won't be a good one for me with regards to patience in dealing with teens!

Edit to add: In response to your post above, I'd never count on raising any animal as a full time job. Find a career outside of the hobby that you enjoy or at least tolerate. You'll have more cash to put towards your hobby, and when you "hate" your job, you won't be hating the hobby. Service jobs can be great, but can be frustrating too! Look into teaching science-- then you could share your passion for reptiles with students. That is one aspect of my job I do love... Pelvis and Rio will be heading into school with me tomorrow!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #123
Carinata
hey I am not gonna start crap! it just pisses me off that I have to deal with angry grumpy school teachers online much less at school! I wntd to help goose but got kicked in the face! And I got my feeding done last night! 2 racks, 4 cages, and 18 baby garter snakes! Oh and the turtle!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #124
wade
Jen, I don't think you can say bull poopy on this forum.

Edit: There were 14 posts made during the time it took me to catch up. Sorry, that comment was on topic at one time.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #125
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
As much as I'd love to stay and play (especially given the increasing list of readers at the bottom there!) I sadly have to go
I'm with you....Some of us have to get work done so we keep bringing home a paycheck. Kasi'll be the ones feeding the snakes since I don't even have time for THAT this weekend. I should have been working all morning.....lol.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #126
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
So does anyone here watch The Closer. Just tryin to lightne the mood
David you should know by now....You need a panda to post David.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #127
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...&postcount=202 Just linking to the "lynching" post I found objectionable. Apparently I am just thin skinned and everyone else is OK with it.
No. It does bother me also. Using the word "lynching" either figuratively or otherwise I do find offensive. But then I've been accused of being a "whiny bitch" who gets offended easily anyway. But I'm with you on this one. That truly was uncalled for.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #128
Hypancistrus
Quote:
it just pisses me off that I have to deal with angry grumpy school teachers online much less at school!!
You thought that was angry and grumpy? My dear boy... quite the contrary, this is me in a reasonably GOOD mood!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #129
kathylove
I also have a bunch of mice thawed out, waiting...but it is hard to pull away when there are interesting posts (some more so than others, lol!) to answer!

Do any of you think things would have been differend (read: for the better) if McCain/Palin would have won the election?

NOPE! I just couldn't decide this time which ticket was the lesser of two evils, so voted Libertarian, even though they have no chance of winning. Better than the other choices. I usually do try to pick one of the Republicrat candidates if one is clearly more tolerable than the other, but not this time. I keep hoping that if enough make 3rd party choices, at least it will send a statement. But I do agree with Hyp (I think it was her), that at least Obama doesn't claim to be getting his orders directly from God, as some recent Republicans seem to imply that they have a direct link (maybe just the way I interpret it, but sounds that way to me).

I also think that Obama is probably friendlier to the gay community. But I do have to give him a TEMPORARY pass on not fulfilling his promises to them YET. It does seem like the economy and job situation, not to mention health care debate, is probably occupying his time right now. You would be right to say that it is easy to give him a pass if I am not suffering as part of that community. BUT - his administration is still pretty new, and he is probably correct in focusing efforts in that which affects the greatest number of people. He still has most of his 4 years to work on the rest. So, although I don't agree with a lot that he has done, I don't think enough time has gone by to criticize him on that front, YET - IMHO, of course. I think the gay community would be much worse off under McCain / Palin. I like to try to be as objective as possible, whether I am a supporter or not.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #130
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
hey I am not gonna start crap! it just pisses me off that I have to deal with angry grumpy school teachers online much less at school!
Time for a pop quiz.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google