CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

herping in Greenbrier State Park

Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
4riscorn
herping in Greenbrier State Park

We didn't see as much as we would have liked during our camping trip to Greenbrier State Park in MD this past weekend as we would have liked but we got a couple pics....funny, we used to hope we didn't see any snakes and now we went looking for them!!!

Here is something we almost missed...he blended in so well with his environment

Jake and Mike removed this old guy from the middle of the road and then about an hour later, he stopped by our site to thank them!

more to follow

Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
4riscorn
more Greenbrier...

This is what I found...sadly no one to call it their old skin..was in the bark of a broken tree..

And these two wondered on our site...I wasn't thrilled...the one with the white sack is a spider with its babies..the next morning we found the spider dead and the sack deflated...but no baby spiders crawling around..at least not in site..

And these are just general Greenbrier pics..

Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
4riscorn
even more...

These are some tracks we found on our 3 hr hike..

Some pics of our beautiful campsite

And one of the view of the lake from the trails

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
diamondlil
Great pictures, that looks a lovely place to visit. I love the tracks, I'm building up my own collection of track photos now!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
4riscorn
Yes Janine. It is very beautiful there. We have been going there for 4 years now. We try to go a few times a month, but this year, our snakies will dictate how often we go.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Nanci
Looks like a fun place! I used to go horse camping every weekend all spring, summer and fall, all over Minnesota, with a big trip to the Black Hills in the summer.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
K. Rene
Beautiful pics Gini. I hope you guys had fun, other than the laundry mat trip lol I still think you should move to Oregon, we have lots of beautiful places to camp at. Here is a taste of what we get to see from our campsite on the coast.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
4riscorn
Gorgeous pic Kelsie! And for everyone else...the laundry trip was to wash Jake's blankets because the first night we were there he decided to puke in his sleep!! I heard him coughing and then an "Awe crap" then I knew what had happened. He is a sleep walker, sleep talker who also vomits in his sleep....I sometimes have to wake him up! It is a wonder he doesn't choke himself..gets scary sometimes.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
4riscorn
that's State Park..not parlk

Just now noticed I put a L in park!! Didn't know if I could edit the thread title or not

Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
PJ@PJCReptiles
Looks like a great time. I am jealous! I need to get out there and do some exploring real soon.

Great shots and thank you for sharing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google