• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Oh Dizzles! You are not a fish! I'm thinking if she hasn't passed them by morning, that a vet check is in order as well. I can't imagine how tiring this has got to be for her AND for you.

Brett what is going on with our girl? 2 more eggs after all this time is amazing and quite worrisome. You really should think about taking her to a vet to make sure this is it. Please keep me posted and PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

hey guys!

i dont even know if any vet's around here will know what to do with reptiles?

my gut instinct is to give her a little bit more time before i get too worried. I will see if she wants a meal in a bit and then hopefully she will squeeze these two out. i think i will give her another day and then see were wer at.

Last edited:
Any vet can x-ray an animal. You can at least see what's going on in her. If she has a lot more, you might start looking for a reptile vet. In the meantime, make sure she stays hydrated and try not to stress too much.

My highly-valued opinion, having never had an egg-laying female, is- she's done so well, so far, without you panicking and rushing her. I'd wait a little bit, but check out vets just in case, maybe find one and say you don't have a problem yet, but might. Ask people near you with snakes who they go to. She ate, so she can't be feeling too horrible, yet.

My highly-valued opinion, having never had an egg-laying female, is- she's done so well, so far, without you panicking and rushing her. I'd wait a little bit, but check out vets just in case, maybe find one and say you don't have a problem yet, but might. Ask people near you with snakes who they go to. She ate, so she can't be feeling too horrible, yet.

thank you for the great advice!

thats kind of how i have been trying to look at it, i mean shes got 38 off them out so far so im sure that she'l get these two out as well when shes ready. Im going to go and offer her a meal in a minute and hopefully she'l eat a mouse and it may give her some energy to get them out!
But if wer still in this position in another day or two, a trip to the vets will definitely be on the cards!

I have just picked up on this thread. I was like cool unexpected eggs. Then like wow that's alot of eggs. Then is she going to make it? Then I got happy for you and dizzles for eating and making it through such a ordeal. And now I am like **** this is the craziest thing I have seen on here. Can someone explain how this is happening or working? So many eggs so many days apart. Eating and active. Then more eggs. Doesn't seem right.
Good luck with her and hope it turns out for the best.

OMG this girl never stops

if u can get to bradford there is a very very good reptile vet that i use

her name is johanna

i will see if i can get name and her number if that helps

zoie

this is the addy and phone number of the vets i was on about

Shearbridge Veterinary Centre
2 Legrams Lane,
Bradford, West Yorkshire
BD7 1ND
For queries about the appointment telephone 01535 605033. For directions if lost, telephone 01274 731299

ok guys still no luck with these eggs. She ate a few days ago and i thought it might encourage her to get them out but its not happening.
Im taking her to a reptile vet tomorrow in Chorley.
I dont really know what to put her in to take her though, i have spare tubs but there really big.
Any suggestions?

haha ok il make sure that the knot is pretty damn tight, also il drag my girlfriend along so she can keep to hands on the knot as well to make sure!

Oh my word, I don't know how I've missed this until now :shrugs:

Wow Brett, you have an egg laying machine there with that girl, I think the vet visit is a wise move!

I had a girl do this last year, not this many eggs though, she took a couple of months from when she first started to push out the last of her slugs, but they were still quite high up. The vet decided not to intervene apart from aspirating the contents of the egg nearest her vent, as they were quite large, after that I just had to keep massaging the ones higher up until they all moved down and she passed them eventually.

Keep us posted on what happens with Dizzles :)

ye il deffinately keep everyone posted about dizzles sue. As you could emagine this whole ordeal was a bit of a shock!
just a bit gutting how we got so many slugs, only got 3 eggs left now out of the few that seemed to be fertile. but thats not important really. just got to get her healthy.

Diaoralyte

thank you and thank you for the advice!
im going to wait until morning and offer her another meal and some water and see how she does!
what is Pedialyte though? i must admit i havent heard of it before. i prosume its like a substance to give them an energy boost??

Hey I'm pretty sure that our version is called diaoralyte i don't know if its exactly the same chemically but it performs exactly the same function, its really good for hangovers as well in case you were wondering lol.

Back