CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding double pinks

Old 06-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
Dunch22
Feeding double pinks

This may be a silly question, but how do you go about feeding double pinks? Do you just put two pinks right next to each other? Do you wait until they finish one? My corn is at 20 g. now and I see it’s time to move to double pinkies.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
blacktip
I would give one at a time. Let him finish the first one and then present the second one.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
Patmart
Hi I would do the same wait till the mouse is about half way down his body
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Twolunger
I feed all my corns with small tongs. I wait until the first mouse has passed down into their stomach and then offer the second, if feeding a second. Usually by the time they can take 2 pinkies they can eat a peach fuzzy though.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #5
kdickens
I've never fed my snake more than one mouse at any feeding. At the point of feeding double portions, I went up a size. He's now almost 3 years old and doing fine.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
Twolunger
Usually when someone is feeding double it's just to use up what is on hand before moving up to the next size. Those of us with multiple snakes of all sizes don't really have to feed doubles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google