CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

What are corn snake teeth like?

Old 07-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #21
Twolunger
Yikes, all that from one bite? Looks like a python got you. I was helping feed rabbits to my son's pythons with long tongs. He was feeding one right next to me and the snake grabbed his hand instead of the rabbit. It took us a few minutes to uncoil the brute, and by that time there was blood all over the place. No thanks, nothing over 4 feet for me.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #22
Briancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierneals View Post
My kids were asking me about our new corn...does he have fangs, does he have teeth, how many, how big are they?, etc. I know he has teeth, b ut not much about them.

Luckily, Nitro has been sweet enough to not to do anything remotely like biting us in the last few weeks, so we haven't really gotten a good look in his mouth or any first hand experience.

I haven't found any good info on this in my internet or forum searches- anyone care to answer?

Thanks,

Sara

It’s a bit like being attacked by the hooked side of a bit a Velcro! You might get a tiny bit of blood from a youngster. If you handle confidently, but gently, and don’t handle with the smell of snake food on your fingers, you shouldn’t get bitten (hopefully ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 AM   #23
Patmart
Hi Sara I’ve had a bite it’s not painful at all just like a pin prick
It’s wasn’t George fault it was my own fault
I dropped the mouse in his feed box silly me put my hand in he thought I was his dinner
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
Karl_Mcknight
Look at the size of the snake's head. Now ask yourself, "How big can the teeth be?"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google