CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Pewter & Dilute? & Hypo? something else?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
zorro
Tessera Pewter & Dilute? & Hypo? something else?

I showed you pics of what I thought was a tessera pewter dilute but got to look at this other wierd guy/girl. It is pewter and tessera for sure and sure looks dilute but with something else going on. I'm putting both up for comparing.
Any ideas would be great.
John

Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
Dragonling
Hm, does look phantom-ish. Are you questioning which might be dilute now? A cheap USB microscope can be helpful there, though I don't know how obvious the melanin dots are in juveniles vs. adults, particularly the sheds.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Hm, does look phantom-ish. Are you questioning which might be dilute now? A cheap USB microscope can be helpful there, though I don't know how obvious the melanin dots are in juveniles vs. adults, particularly the sheds.
I am kind of waiting for the second shed, I have been told the first is not very telling. Sean from VMS was over today and we went through them (since they are all eating now). We both agreed that there is not only dilute and pewter but hypo and anery in the mix. It is a great clutch, I am very happy with the mix.
Thank you
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google