• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ultra lavender to which male?

Rawren

I have a gorgeous ultra lavender and thinking of breeding her to my creamsicle.... Worth it? What kind of morphs am I looking at?

First time breeding so very newb

Since Creamsicles are hybrids, your chance of selling them might not be as good.
Personally, I would not, but it's your choice. If you're prepared to keep all the babies, or have people lined up who do want that kind of mix, then do it if you want.

With an amel male you'll get ultramel babies. But those are relatively low end morphs and can still be hard to move.

Honestly, the best male for her would be an opal with hets that you can use to see if she shares those hets, and all the babies from such a pair would at least be ultramel lavenders.

I have a male snow but he's still a baby 😢 from what I've read, lavender and snow would yield an opal.

I have a male snow but he's still a baby 😢 from what I've read, lavender and snow would yield an opal.

Only if your snow is het lavender ... and if you're lavender is ultra and not ultramel, it literally cannot be het for amel so you'll never be able to make opals.

Most corn snake genes are simple recessive, which means to show the trait the animal must have 2 copies of the gene, and to have 2 copies that means they must get one copy from each parent. If they only have 1 copy they can produce babies with the trait when paired to the right mate, but they themselves won't show the morph.

So I have a ghost het amel for example. Because she's only het (1 copy of the gene) for amel, she looks like a normal ghost, but she has made amel and snow babies. If she had 2 copies of the gene she'd be a hypo snow.

Yeah, the traits wouldn't come out all that well since it's a hybrid. Like MysticExotics said. You can probably trade them, or sell them to a whoe saler. None the less, it's your first time breeding and a learning experience. Have some fun with it

Back