CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Riobravo boas

Old 09-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Dorgrim
Riobravo boas

So i am getting my first boa in a few weeks and i def love the smaller hog island boas. My question is though do they usually send pictures? The told me they dont usually send pictures of individuals but for 200$ im a little on edge. I love their animals and hear nothing but good things but just want to make sure. Reviews? Thoughts?

Old 09-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
ShenziSixaxis
I'd NEVER buy something that I didn't get individual pictures of unless I was buying a whole sale lot.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
chris68
I've never heard anything but good stuff about Rio Bravo's boas

Old 09-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Dorgrim
Haha you see my debate! Im wondeering if i should just insist. Im not breeding them i want them purely for pet/art.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
chris68
It's sure your right to. I cant imagine they're THAT busy they couldn't even attach a "stock" Hog photo or two.

Their reputation among boa aficionados is nothing but great. If you don't get a pic I'd be willing to bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when it finally arrives :*)

Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
whippet
Nah...come meet ours! He is super sweet and cheaper! LOL!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
Kokopelli
RioBravo is possibly the -most- reputable, serious and trustworthy breeding operation of pure locality animals- all of their stock dates to WC animals. I know very few who are that serious about keeping records on their animals... so, in that regard- you can be 100% perfectly sure that you will be getting a pure locality hog isle boa(there are -allot- of crosses out there, some of which can look almost exactly like a hog isle... I personally work with crosses and they aren't really that bad... but the size is not as guaranteed as it is with a pure hog isle boa).

There really aren't many places that I'd recommend more when wanting to acquire a pure locality animal.

I do agree though that not receiving a picture can mean you'll get an animal you're not attracted to aesthetically (some hog isle are cleaner, some are more speckled and so forth)

Your call... but their animals are TOP notch.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
ceduke
I've bought from trusted sources without pictures before. Most recently from Graham here, with my coral snow who I am so thrilled with! A photo would never be able to do her color justice.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Dorgrim
So ive been chatting with them more. And honestly I am a little put off. I told them I am shopping around and a picture would really help me make a decision. I also mentioned Im not breeding and this is going to be a close companion in my collection and that a picture would mean a lot to me. I have to click with an animal you know? BUT they sent me a picture of the litter in mass which was nice but they seemed very turse and short with me and im a bit worried. I still honestly love their snakes, die hard!, but i cant help getting over that feeling! ;-;

BUT im going to get to check out leonard this thurs in person and I already know how handsome he is! hee hee!
Thoughts? experiences?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
LostInstall
Have you tried Vin Russo? He's another highly reputable breeder of locality boas. Maybe you'll have better luck with him.

http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google