CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Tail curl, Hemipene out

Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Airidies
Tail curl, Hemipene out

Two of my hatchlings tails past their vent are curled, I'm guessing from heat spikes mid incubation. On on of the babies one of his Hemipenes is sticking out. Is there anything I can do for this baby? He also has multiple small back kinks

Bad picture, will try to get more after work tonight

Old 07-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Nanci
I guess, if you want to save them, for pet homes, just see if they eat and poop. Probably the position of the tail forces the hemipene out. I'd imagine it might dry up and fall off? Maybe reassess after the first shed? I don't think it would be "wrong" to euthanise that baby, though, if you think his quality of life is going to suck. Any babies I've had to euth have, fortunately or not, had quite obviously not survivable defects.

But look at what a sucker I am- Krinkle the super-kinked baby is nearing his fist birthday!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
HermesMom
Awe poor little guys

Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Airidies
I think the one that doesn't have the Hemipene out will be okay and would probably be okay as a pet. I'm going to wait and see about this baby I guess, I don't want him to suffer so if it looks like there's any problems I will euthanize... I'm having to euthanize the last live baby as it was extremely kinked and is having problems moving around. The last 4 were DIE...

Old 07-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
Nanci
I'm so sorry, that's tough. I really hate that.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Pugsley
Oh Air, I'm so sorry. Murphy really got to you with this batch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google