CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

1st shed with me

Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
obboi34
1st shed with me

Armand is finally about to shed! i've wondered when she would after a month and her eyes just clouded over today. shouldn't be long now, and i'll reward her with a lovely warm pink. she needed to lose a little weight anyway.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
HermesMom
Yay, I still get so excited about sheds. Hermes has been in his shed process for what seems to be longer than usual and finally tonight he has shoved himself into his humid hide. I'm hoping to see his tomorrow or the next day. Nessie's last shed looked so big to me, she's not an adult but is my largest. I was so tempted, oh who am I kidding I still am, to take it with me to the supermarket and leave it on a shopping carriage on the little seat where you'd put a kid, heehee

Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Pugsley
Hey Obboi, I've never had an issue with sheds, just be sure the humidity is high enough, or give him a damp moss box.

You're getting a couple more this weekend, aren't you?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
obboi34
humidity has been high recently and Armand has taken to being in her hide or resting in a large clump of sphagnum. I wish I had room for more since I know exactly what I would get (Anery corn or Emory/black/green(ish) rat). I need to pace myself since I plan to move in the next month. After that, pacing myself will be a challenge.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Pugsley
You're being smart Obboi! Wish I was. Move, figure out your living situation and what you have space for then be selective in what you get. At least that is the smart way, I think.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
obboi34
all done. She shed in two halves on different ends of her viv. guess I'll need to up the humidity for next time. Eye caps and the end of her tail came out well too!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
Pugsley
Great! It's always a relief the first few times. After a while, you won't be so worried about the shedding process.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
HermesMom
Yay, glad to hear it all came off, albeit in two pieces.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google