CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Sand Color

Old 10-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #71
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammer View Post
NO. I stated I removed the aspen because he liked to burrow and I never saw him.. I used the word LIKE to describe something that the snake does often (when available).I hate to break it to you but i don't think snakes really "like" or dislike" anything" they are reactionary creatures that don't utilize a lot of higher brain function IE. "oh wow what a bummer, i sure wish he would put that aspen back in my tank"

I called one person argumentative, that was "Nanci" , you are just annoying, and trying to jump into a conversation that was more or less dead.

And no it was not simply stated why someone would not want to, it was pretty much called out as a bad idea, and detrimental to the snakes health. Yeah, wild snakes live on silk sheets and are hand fed grapes in a lavish temple.. Get real..

MOST IMPORTANTLY>>> IT WAS ONE IDEA.. ONE LITTLE IDEA that turned into this.. Yeah I'm a really evil bastard for using paper towels and pebbles..

Someone just posted images of the exact thing i was talking about, and how is it hard to rinse small stone and marbles in a sink?

The funny thing is its the same 3 WOMEN that keep running there mouths.. I know thatch the wrong thing to say, and its sexist, but Ive noticed a pattern, that's all..
Bammer- you need to calm down and stop with the name calling.

All I said was "Sure there's more than one way [to do everything]. The best way for the animal, and the best way for the human. Guess which one I try to provide."

And I stand by that.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #72
Bammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Bammer- you need to calm down and stop with the name calling.

All I said was "Sure there's more than one way [to do everything]. The best way for the animal, and the best way for the human. Guess which one I try to provide."

And I stand by that.
Good god, I guess we cant be done.. What name calling? I never called you a name.. Unless you call woman a name.. Oh and you do whats best for the snake huh, THEN RELEASE IT! I'm sure you make a nice CAGE, I'm guessing I do a little better. I don't know why I have had to say the same thing over and over, but so be it. PS. Has telling someone to calm down ever worked in the history of man kind... You could have just shut up and let it go ,but I understand, you HAVE to have the last word.. HAHAH NAME CALLING!!! THAT'S RICH!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #73
Nanci
Hey, I'm just trying to help you avoid getting an infraction. You need to be civil.

SITE RULES...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...or more accurately, site rules violations as they appear in the infractions system:

-Abusive towards other members (1 pt.)
-Inappropriate advertising (1 pt.)
-Profanity (2 pts.)
-Antagonism toward moderators (4 pts.)
-Racist/Prejudicial remarks (4 pts.)
-Actual or implied threats (5 pts.)

Cumulative penalties:

10 pts.: Immediate 3-day ban
20 pts.: 1-month ban
30 pts.: Permanent ban
30 pts. (Spamming): Immediate permanent ban

Here is another link

I was actually referring to you calling SweetSeraph annoying. I overlooked you calling me ridiculous and argumentative, and saying we were both "running our mouths," which is what a discussion forum is for.

I can't just "shut up and let it go" because then everyone would think that was appropriate behavior here, and it isn't.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #74
Bammer
Um, annoying, argumentative, and ridiculous are all adjectives which is defined as a word whose main syntactic role is to modify a noun or pronoun, giving more information about the noun or pronoun's referent. NOT NAME CALLING...
You could pose an argument that I was not being civil , but I would rather renounce my membership than be part of a group that steps on my 1st amendment right.. An example of name calling would be "You are acting like a baby, Nanci" and throughout our less than enjoyable conversation I have done no such thing. I only made statements of my perception towards you and other members that seem to enjoy petty disputes regarding YOUR OPNIONS.. IF you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen... If you feel like you have to seek "disciplinary action" to settle this, go for it.. I'm literally shaking in my Velcro batman shoes.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #75
Bammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't just "shut up and let it go" because then everyone would think that was appropriate behavior here, and it isn't.
Disagreeing and standing up for yourself is appropriate anywhere... Anyways, Im off to work, so feel free to say what you like without contest.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #76
Jdog3131
okay guys no more or this or thisor this and leave that to frogs, but we can have this why can't we be happy

Old 10-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #77
Haarstad
I think we're all good now

Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #78
Bammer
I really hope so, or i will so be singing "I fought the mod ,and mod won (via banning)"

Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #79
Sweetseraph
Quote:
Good god, I guess we cant be done.. You could have just shut up and let it go ,but I understand, you HAVE to have the last word.. HAHAH
Quote:
Disagreeing and standing up for yourself is appropriate anywhere.

I'm a little confused here how you feel it's OK for you to do something, but no one else is allowed to. If you wanted it to be over, you could have let it go, but in the post where you're not letting it go, you ask others to let it go and chastise them for wanting the last word. Likewise, no one else is allowed to disagree with you or stand up for themselves? For the record, you also called bitsy argumentative and you combined parts of my post in with your comments to Nanci, so I wasn't sure if you got confused who was who, and thus why I said 2-3 people that you called argumentative. It's fine to disagree and stand up for yourself, but you gain no points by making sexist or other derogatory comments. Do you think you need to call us women and say we're running at the mouth to prove that you are right and we are wrong? Why can't you just make your points and let them stand on their own merit? Nevermind, that was a rhetorical question.

FYI, saying that someone is acting like a baby is not name-calling either. You'd have to actually call them a baby.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #80
Bammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetseraph View Post
FYI, saying that someone is acting like a baby is not name-calling either. You'd have to actually call them a baby.
I stand corrected lol.. So I was right saying that annoying, argumentative and ridiculous is not name calling. Cool. Anyways Im sorry for being a jerk (the woman comment) I was wrong to say that, but in my own defense I did immediately call myself out for dropping a sexist comment.

Sweetseraph, I love that you owned my comment as your title "The Annoying One" No joke, that was classy and I give you props on that one. People are always allowed to disagree, but my problem was with how my suggestion was shot down for being detrimental to a snakes health (which has now been vindicated).. Upon further review , I did infact confuse authors of posts, and again I am sorry. I did however have beef with a comment of yours. I am trying to put the kibash on this hole thing, being as my point has be straightened out (glass marbles and the like)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
bedding