CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

When to call it quits?

Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
dwyn127
I've had quite a few hatchling that would only eat like heather described, with anole pieces on their nose. When they were big enough for fuzzies, all without exception, took a rat pink on their own.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #12
Fuzzoodle
Have you tried a live asf pinky? We got a little guy about a month ago now, he's refused live, slit, brained, asf scented, but when we left him with a live asf pink in a styrafoam cup over night he had a full belly in the morning!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
schnebbles
what is asf?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
BloodyBaroness
asf- african soft fur. It's a type of rodent that some snakes go wild for. They are bit bigger than mice, but much smaller than rats.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
Tavia
African Soft Fur rats. They are fairly new to the pet trade, I believe. Only in the past few years I've heard of them. They sometimes are really good for getting reluctant feeders going, especially BPs. They aren't like regular rats from what I've heard, they tend to be mean and not tame down to handling. I've only ever seen some in person once before. They are fairly difficult to find in this area of Idaho, if you are looking for live.

Edited to add: I've heard them called rats but if I remember correctly, they are not actually a rat.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
schnebbles
I knew I should have known that! I forgot - but thank you. Maybe it will help this guy with his baby. I wonder if they are hard to find?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
j33p3rz
Hang in there it took my baby corn 3 months to eat.I was getting scared thought it would die it lost weight but the day came and now feeds good.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Chip
How long have you been trying? My answer would be entirely dependent on that. I wouldn't have a weekly sausage-stuffer as an adult, but I've "helped" some hatchlings for quite a long time!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
sarae
most of my non-feeders start eating 3-5 months after I begin syringe feeding them.

I just got a pair of young asf rats today, so we'll see in a month or so whether or not their babies are the magic trick to avoiding syringe feeding!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
Nanci
Will he strike when you feed him, or does he just turn his head away?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google