CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

When to call it quits?

Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
Nanci
Wow- do you still have the gecko? Are they easy for you to get? I've never gotten to try them; they live here, but just in a few places.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #32
firfly
They run all over the place at night around here, they are easy to catch on the shop walls outside. I would be lying though if I acted like I expected to work, as everything we had tried failed. I let this little guy go after snatching his tail. I figure on catching a couple more when it gets closer to feeding time, as I dont want the little guys to die, and all I really need is their tail, which grows back.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
Nanci
I think I'd try scented only next time, and if that doesn't work, then use the tail. But you can put one (or more) geckos in a deli cup and let them run all over a pink for an hour or two, and then feed the pink to the snake.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #34
firfly
Sounds good, I think that is worth a try atleast, that way no one looses their tail.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
schnebbles
He might just eat it like that! He could even just take off eating now even! I'd do the scenting too just to be safe and see how quick he eats. It's beyond frustrating trying to make them eat, it's stressful. When my non-feeder ate for me, the next feed she ate fine as well. Left her overnight in the deli cup. I don't think she has ever missed a meal.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
MysticExotics
So glad he ate for you! Congrats!
Geckos are more of a natural food item that hatchlings are going to eat, than pinky mice.
I have one breeder friend who kept a Cayenne Fire alive by feeding her anoles for the first year of her life. She refused to eat anything else. She's now full grown, & eating f/t mice with no problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google