CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

still not eating

Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Yamahajones
still not eating

its been 10 days from her last time she ate. i put her in a small deli cup with the pinkie put some slices in the pinkie 2 hrs later nothing im am starting to freak out. what can i do next?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
AliCat37
Ten days is still nothing to worry about.
Wait another five days, and try feeding her in the cage.

The next steps are trying to slit the pinkie, tuna scenting, anole scenting, and a few other methods, including offering a live pinkie.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Yamahajones
Should i try to feed her in her actual tank? Dont want aspen hurting her

Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
AliCat37
I feed ALL of mine in their cages, on the aspen. If it really concerns you, put the mouse on the lid of the deli cup and set in the cage.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Yamahajones
K. How long can i keep the f/t pinkie in the cage? Should i defrost another one to leave over night? Or wait 5 days?

Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Yamahajones
I was reaserching on baby corns that dont eat. I heard that if i keep the baby in the small deli cup for few days that it will eat in that deli cup becouse it feels safer in the deli cup then in a bigger tank anyone else know about this?

Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Pugsley
Yama - I put my snakelings in a small container with the pinkie (which I have thawed in hot tap water, changing the water several times) then close up the container and cover it with a light towel. I do this in the evening. I'll check 1/2 later, and they have always eaten. But, I haven't had one that was a picky eater either, so this may not work for you.

The container is a food one, about 6 inches across and 2 1/2 inches deep. I've melted small holes in it for air.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Lyion
I really wouldn't worry. Alot of snakes don't eat when they are about to go into the blue, even if they go into the blue several days later. Give her another chance days later. I would not suggest the above. A few days is long enough for a pinkie to rot. Also F/T can last over a year in a fridge.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Lyion
And wait 5 days! Stress would come, and stressed snakes often refuse eating or regurge.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
ZiggysMom
If you know the snake-let ate 10 days ago, take a deep breath. I know it is scary for us the keepers but that is not really that long even for a very small snake.

Read the TON of information on this site that covers snakes not eating. Make a list of all the things that people have found to help. Pick the ones that you feel able to try easily. Don't try to feed any more often than you would if the snake was eating. Try something different each time until you get the snake to eat, then continue to do that for several feedings before trying to get the snake to eat without the "tricks".

A lot of people have found that snakes will eat after a car ride or a "ride" on the drier.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google