CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

still not eating

Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
Yamahajones
ok so left a pinkie in all night with her in her deli cup in her tank with towel over it and nothing. what should i try next in 5 days?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahajones View Post
Should i try to feed her in her actual tank? Dont want aspen hurting her
I feed all mine in their vivs, I put the food in an open deli cup.
Sometimes they need to put in "Jail", aka sealed in a deli cup with the food and lid snapped down. In the dark, overnight, UNdisturbed all night long.
Is it warm enough (85-88 degrees F)?
Anolis scenting, chicken scenting, lamb fat scanting, some of these things work as well.
Put the baby snake in a cloth bag and jog around the blocks a couple times. Then try feeding again.
Try live food. Wash it first.
In the delicup or a brown small paper bag and on top of the dryer...

Might consider some of these ideas as well, here:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91023 post#159

What works one year might never work again.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Yamahajones
Next five days im going to try thawinh a mice in chicken broth and braining it and leaveing over night. Anyone have a better thing to do? Or would live pinkie ovet night in the deli cup would be better?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
dave partington
there is no "which is better than..."
here's 39,000 more options

Old 06-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Lyion
I still wouldn't rule out shedding. How long have you had her? Can you recognize her when she goes into the blue easily? If not, take a pic of the eyes and body.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Nanci
Okay, so this snake has only been with the OP for five days. There is absolutely no reason to panic here...

Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahajones View Post
ok so left a pinkie in all night with her in her deli cup in her tank with towel over it and nothing. what should i try next in 5 days?

I was really hoping that would work for you. Sorry it didn't.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
Pugsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Okay, so this snake has only been with the OP for five days. There is absolutely no reason to panic here...
I agree, I've had some that ate within that time, but it isn't a reason to panic. Let him settle in, try again in a week.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #19
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Personally, I try the first feed the day I've got a new snake, with great success with most taking their first offered feed then settling down to digest. Otherwise I leave them to settle for at least a week with no handling or disturbance at all before even trying to feed them. As Nanci states, no need to panic or IMO to worry about tricks for non-feeders after 1 failed attempt, just offer a hot thawed pink after a week without any pestering the snake and it should feed ok.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #20
Yamahajones
I know i only had it sinve 23 but his last feed was five days priir to that. I know now thats its ok snakes can hold off for a bit on eating.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google