CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

HElP!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Sgttank
HElP!

A few minutes ago I took out my corn snakes to hold and he was very sticky and had baggy skin but he has shed every month for 2 sheds and its been about a month now so whats happening!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
unipt
More info would be helpful, temps etc...

Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Dakota314
Baggy skin could mean he is dehydrated. Does he always have fresh water? What are the temps, how are you measuring them, what are you regulating them with, what do you use for a heat source? Is he in blue? What do you mean by "sticky"?

Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Sgttank
He drank water when I put him in he always has fresh water the tempature Gary's day 85 degrees and night 75 degrees. I you a thermometer that came with the cage and use heat lamps but his baggy skin would stick really tight to my clothes

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Dakota314
Is it a dial thermometer? Those really don't work. Here's one you should use, a digital one with probe: http://www.petco.com/product/106227/...t=OnSiteSearch

Heat lamps can dry out the enclosure. It's probably not humid enough. Heat pads, or UTHs are a lot better. They provide belly heat, which is nessesary for corns. http://www.petco.com/product/6353/Zo...t=OnSiteSearch

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
starsevol
Yes, I would say get rid of the heat lamp quickly. They really are not the best thing, dries out the viv way too much. Also, over the years I have noticed quite a few hatchling deaths with new keepers, and so so many times it is a snake they bought from a pet shop with a cage heated with a heat lamp. I might be coincedence but then it might not be !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google