CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Morph ID help for 2 cornsnakes

Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Alicia P
Question Morph ID help for 2 cornsnakes

Thread here, telling where/how I got them.

First up is a male, he is supposed to be 2 in April, I'm leaning towards calling him a Blizzard??

Next is a female, she turned 2 in September. Does she look like a Normal, Miami or something else?

I can try to get better pictures if needed.
Also do they look small for the ages I was told they were? I bought a scale that does grams & it should be here 2/7/13

Thanks for any and all help

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
airenlow
I would guess Blizzard (maybe Snow) and Normal also. Nice finds!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
WestCoast_Redneck
I'll leave the morph identity up to someone else, but as for size I just asked the same question a few days ago I have an 18month old corn (2 in July) that weighed 32grams when I got her jan 9th. I weighed her a few days ago and she is now 53grams. Still smaller than most corn's that age, but from what I've been told it's really nothing to worry about, as long as they eat.
Yours are drinking and look healthy ( to me, a beginner) regardless, I think chucking the old pinkies was a good idea and maybe try stepping up a size after their first feed? I am feeding my corn rat pinkies for now, which have a higher fat content, for a few more feeds then I'll be switching over to hoppers and hope that helps her grow

Good luck, I really like the look of the female, whatever she is!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
marieK
Mmmm, is that a yellow nose? i didn't think that Blizzards got any yellow?! He kinda looks like he has motley spots along his back. Who knows, sooo glad you got them out of that dump!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
jessicashallperish
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieK View Post
Mmmm, is that a yellow nose? i didn't think that Blizzards got any yellow?! He kinda looks like he has motley spots along his back. Who knows, sooo glad you got them out of that dump!
it looks to be a blizzard to me! here is mine as a hatchling and then as a yearling.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Nanci
Does the pink snake have belly checks? He looks motley to me, too. And Blizzards can have yellow.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
BloodyBaroness
I see belly checks in the 4th photo. They are just slightly different that the rest of the belly tone.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
jessicashallperish
i see belly checks as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Nanci
Yeah, I do too. I didn't look at that photo. Sorry.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Alicia P
I do think he has some belly checks, however he wasn't a fan of me trying to look at his belly. Plus my daughter's were helping so my attention was divided between trying to get a good look at them, snapping pic's, changing water/paper towels & keeping handling to a minimum.

The sun is out today so I could get pictures in natural light, but my scale will be here tomorrow and I really wanted to weigh them, no guarantees on the sun tomorrow though. Would it be bad to take pic's today and weigh them tomorrow??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google