CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Trundlefart" Replacement Name Suggestions

Old 02-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
I like Motley/Stripe.
I like this one. Especially if taken in the context Motley/het stripe.

Since motley & stripe share the the same allele with motley being dominant to stripe.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #22
Buzzard
Tom did I stir the pot, with my comment on your striped snake? I like using TF when I am joking around but in all "professional" terms to me its either Motley, or Stripe. Since Tom pointed out that Motley is dominant over stripe might as well just say Motley with a Stripe parent somewhere down the line...

Buzz

Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #23
Nanci
No, I'm to blame...

Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
ZiggysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Since Tom pointed out that Motley is dominant over stripe might as well just say Motley with a Stripe parent somewhere down the line...

Buzz
Well, the problem with that is that just sometimes the animals does show influence from both of the genes.

I sympathize with wanting to use the two gene names. I like motley/stripe but it can be confusing. Many people have trouble with the even more descriptive het motley/ het stripe. I think that is why TF was sticking around, one special name that means het motley/ het stripe without the confusion factor.

Puzzle is my favorite so far but once I check out how to pronounce pastiche it has a nice sound to it.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
Nanci
Ziggysmom, with all due respect, the stripe gene has ZERO influence on how the pattern of a motley/stripe looks. You can have a motley/motley, fully striped, head to tail, without the stripe gene. You can't judge a motley by its stripe.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
No, I'm to blame...
Okay, well no offense but it was being used in jest in that thread. Next time I will put quotes around my LOL. Or use a laughing smile.

I was simple using the term that the OP of the thread uses all the time. I don't think the "professional" comment in that thread was called for. We have never used that term in an ad or to describe any of our snakes. I did take offense to the comment.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggysMom View Post
Puzzle is my favorite so far but once I check out how to pronounce pastiche it has a nice sound to it.
Puzzle sounds like you have no clue what is in the snakes genetics and thats the issue with a lot of the names out there.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #28
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Okay, well no offense but it was being used in jest in that thread. Next time I will put quotes around my LOL. Or use a laughing smile.

I was simple using the term that the OP of the thread uses all the time. I don't think the "professional" comment in that thread was called for. We have never used that term in an ad or to describe any of our snakes. I did take offense to the comment.
People ARE using the term in for sale ads. I'm sorry, but to me, it sounds stupid.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
Shiari
I like the idea of quilt. Definitely do NOT like the idea of calling them motley/stripes because too many people see a pinstripe motley and assume that the snake must have a stripe gene to make the pattern.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
fyrefocks
Trundlefart!

Motley het stripe is inaccurate and everyone who understands the 2 genes knows it. It is motley in phenotype, yes, but NOT IN GENOTYPE.

Give me something accurate to work with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google