CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Trundlefart" Replacement Name Suggestions

Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #31
Nanci
Quilt, really???

For Sale: Quilt het for amel cinder.

Right.

Names should be descriptive!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
rich333
Hmmm.......

"Problem Child"

Thats Accurate? right?

Or Maybe...

T R O U B L E

Oooo OOoooo!!!

"Tribble"

Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
People ARE using the term in for sale ads. I'm sorry, but to me, it sounds stupid.
Did I personally use the term in a sale ad? I have never and will never use that term in one of our ads, but to say it in a photo gallery pic and in jest is just fine in my professional opinion.

We may come up with a cool name, but how many breeders are actually going to use it. This forum only scratches the surface of all the corn snake breeders in the US and our fellow cohorts over seas. If you really want to know what is in your snake ask the breeder, and buy from experienced breeders that have done the homework and know the genes that they are using. Ask ask ask....

Buzz

Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
Nanci
I don't really get why you are getting all pissed at me, Buzz.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #35
ZiggysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Ziggysmom, with all due respect, the stripe gene has ZERO influence on how the pattern of a motley/stripe looks. You can have a motley/motley, fully striped, head to tail, without the steipe gene. You can't judge a motley by its stripe.
No offence Nanci.

BUT with all due respect, I think just sometimes the stripe gene shows in a genetically het motley het stripe animal.

There are beautiful animals that have a stripe look, (phenotype), and are genetically homo motley. One way these have been labeled is pinstripe motley.

Zen, I feel is a pretty good example of a pinstripe motley. If I had to guess, I would say "he" is homo motley, but since this is one of my few Petco snakes I don't have anyone to ask about the genetics.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
Nanci
EXACTLY! If a motley is HOMO motley, why should stripe even be called into question?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #37
ZiggysMom
I will try this agian after resizing the picture.

Zen.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #38
ZiggysMom
Marmalade is het motley het stripe.

The central most part of the dorsal pattern on Marmalade is part dot/ circle markings and part stripe markings. That part of his pattern is standard motley variability. The sort of marks that many homo motley snakes have.

Just towards the lateral of the pattern from those blatant makings there is a tiny thin white stripe on each side that is fairly consistent down the whole snake. I have never seen a picture of a snake that was labeled as known to be homo motley that has the extra tiny thin stripes in the pattern. Only rarely do these stripes show up in pictures of snakes known to be het motley /het stripe. A fair number of homo stripe snakes have thin little stripes in this position in their pattern.

edited to clean up a typo of mine.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
airenlow
And you can prove this is from the stripe gene?

Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
And you can prove this is from the stripe gene?
You have to admit that the lower dorsal striping is terribly wide for an animal without a stripe gene. Still, we know pinstriping is possible without the stripe gene at all, so it's anyone's guess until breeding proves out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google