CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

question about blizzard corns

Old 09-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
16-BIT
question about blizzard corns

right i have heard conflicting thigns about this and just want to clear it up for my own piece of mind.

do blizzard corns have clear belly chequers? as the hatchling i have is completly bright white underneath and ive been told 2 things.

one was that the clear chequers develop with age

another was that they dont have chequers at all.

can anyone clear this up for me please?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
VinnyJ
As hatchlings you can't always see the checkers. Even some of the adult Blizzards aren't plain as day. They'll develope over time. If your blizzard truly doesn't have belly checkers then there is something else going on besides Amel and Charcoal.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
16-BIT
it defo doesnt have any chequers in the slighest ive looked as closey as i can, its is defo pure white not even any discolouration in any shape or form. saddles are very faint but they look pretty normal defo not motley pattern.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
NI GUY
Your blizzard is a hatchling and won't have any visible checker just yet,as I told you in the other forum.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
NI GUY
Who told you they didn't have checkers at all?
Here is one a wee bit grown on showing no bellt pattern.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...blizzard+belly
Here is one grown on a bit more showing belly pattern.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...blizzard+belly

If your snake is motley/stripe or diffused it won't develop these checkers.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
PtDnsr
There is the possability that they do have checkers though. If you follow the link beow you'll find our Crystal as a hatchling. You can see her belly checkers well if you click on the thumbnail.
http://www.herpregistry.com/acr/Registry.php?idnum=3850

~Katie

Old 09-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Roy Munson
She ain't no snow!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
Emanon
I will echo what has been said... as youngens they can be pure white and with age they can develop some yellow.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:55 AM   #9
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ
As hatchlings you can't always see the checkers. Even some of the adult Blizzards aren't plain as day. They'll developed over time. If your blizzard truly doesn't have belly checkers then there is something else going on besides Amel and Charcoal.
Hmmm Amel, Charcoal, Diffused..... a Yeti?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:04 AM   #10
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ
As hatchlings you can't always see the checkers. Even some of the adult Blizzards aren't plain as day. They'll developed over time. If your blizzard truly doesn't have belly checkers then there is something else going on besides Amel and Charcoal.
Hmmm Amel, Charcoal, Diffused..... a Yeti?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google