CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

the diffrence between a jungle and a corn

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
1TimeMoM
the diffrence between a jungle and a corn

whats the diffrence between a jungle corn and a regular cornsnake.. Is there any? or is jungle just a morph? Pics would be greatly appreciated....

Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Susan
A jungle corn is a hybrid...a cross between a corn snake and a king snake, usually a California king snake, but there are many other hybrid crosses, many of each has it's own name. Here is a photo of a jungle corn hatchling (she's actually 3/4 corn and 1/4 Cali king, which is called something else, but the name escapes me tonight):

Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
1TimeMoM
i think they are gorgeous... hows their temperaments generally? I know kings can be rather tempermental and angry.. how are these and bout how much do they run,, thanks for the pic he/she is gorgeous

Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
A jungle corn is a hybrid...a cross between a corn snake and a king snake, usually a California king snake, but there are many other hybrid crosses, many of each has it's own name. Here is a photo of a jungle corn hatchling (she's actually 3/4 corn and 1/4 Cali king, which is called something else, but the name escapes me tonight):
Those are called Super Corns...

Old 08-14-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart View Post
Those are called Super Corns...
Yeah! That's it! Thanks Joe! I knew someone would chime in with the answer! You have to excuse my one brain cell. It has to work so terribly hard, being all alone, that every once in awhile, it takes a small break and refuses to search through the endless filing cabinets for little bits of information when I ask it to.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
Medevil_Nuke
Jungle corns are hybrids of Corn Snakes+King Snakes. That is breeding across species, not morphs. Different combination of King and Corn make different kind of Jungle snakes.
That is all I know, hope it helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google