CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Deb's Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Deb's Den Welcome! Here you will find photos of my snakes, breeding plans, snakes for sale, etc. Plus, some general conversation, sharing, &/or discussion.

Pewter - Tanith (progression)

Old 06-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Pasodama
Pewter - Tanith (progression)

This is Tanith. A female '06 Pewter het Amel (66% p/h Hypo and 66% p/h, or homo, Anery).
First picture was taken on 06-20-07 and the next two photos were taken today, 06-28-08.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
starsevol
She is looking very beautiful Deb!
I love her silvery-ness!

There are huge project possibilities with that girl!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Pasodama
Thanks, Nanci & Beth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
There are huge project possibilities with that girl!
Yes. I have been trying to decide whether, next year, I should breed her to a Pewter, a Charcoal het Amel & Blood, another snake to test out whether she is het or homo Anery, or something else.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Cegninedorf
Wow! That one year of growth certainly made a difference for the pretty girl; she's huge! If you know, approx what was her weight last June, and now? Beautiful girl!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cegninedorf View Post
Wow! That one year of growth certainly made a difference for the pretty girl; she's huge! If you know, approx what was her weight last June, and now? Beautiful girl!
Thanks.

Not sure what she weighed, in June '07, but she was 181 grams on Sept. 20th of 2007. Now, she weighs 365 grams (and still growing ).

Old 06-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Thanks, Nanci & Beth.

Yes. I have been trying to decide whether, next year, I should breed her to a Pewter, a Charcoal het Amel & Blood, another snake to test out whether she is het or homo Anery, or something else.
If she was mine, I would breed her to a bloodred stripe (or a stripe het bloodred).
The bloodred offspring would then be het for pewter, bloodred stripe and pewter stripe.
Or breed her to a fire stripe (or amel stripe het blood), and get blood babies het for blood stripe, pewter, pewter stripe, fire, fire stripe, phantom blood and....phantom blood stripe!
It would be a longer-running project, but I think something you *might* want to consider!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
If she was mine, I would breed her to a bloodred stripe (or a stripe het bloodred).
The bloodred offspring would then be het for pewter, bloodred stripe and pewter stripe.
Or breed her to a fire stripe (or amel stripe het blood), and get blood babies het for blood stripe, pewter, pewter stripe, fire, fire stripe, phantom blood and....phantom blood stripe!
It would be a longer-running project, but I think something you *might* want to consider!
As of right now (I say "as of right now" because things always change )...
My only Blood Stripe is female, my Normal Stripes are not het Blood, I have no Fire Stripes (darn it), and my male Sunglow Stripe is not het Blood. I do have snakes that are het Blood & Stripe but those, of course, give no guarantees and it would be near impossible to decide which babies, to hold back, when there are no guarantees to have inherited either het or both.
'Course, it could be a good excuse to purchase another snake.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
As of right now (I say "as of right now" because things always change )...
My only Blood Stripe is female, my Normal Stripes are not het Blood, I have no Fire Stripes (darn it), and my male Sunglow Stripe is not het Blood. I do have snakes that are het Blood & Stripe but those, of course, give no guarantees and it would be near impossible to decide which babies, to hold back, when there are no guarantees to have inherited either het or both.
'Course, it could be a good excuse to purchase another snake.
I have 2 males that are either blood stripes or stripes het blood....and another that is either a fire stripe or an amel stripe het blood.
2 will be tested next year. Their father is a blood, and their mother a neon orange striped creature that died before I could pin down her genetics exactly (but she came from the same place as the male, and HE proved het for stripe so there is a chance they were related)>
Worst case, they are only het blood, BUT that would still leave half the clutch as multihet bloods (and half multihet normals).
If that sounds interesting in the future, lemme know

Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
dpreston66
Awesome snake!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Nanci
She's a beauty! I love your photo site, too!