CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Help need for striking/biting.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #11
Scrappyeddie77
I'm sorry to say this but I don't think feeding in the viv is a good idea. I have done it both ways and it always seems to get the same results for me. I feed in a feeding container and have no issues. My little girl feeds in her viv and her corn is bitty. My redtails I had I fed in their viv but they were also eating rabbits. Two for the female and one for the male. I did try outside their viv but it is hard to get a 11 foot snake to do what you want.

I would use a hook for your snake and start to feed outside his viv.

Handling helps but you need to build up the trust again.

Remember they smell fear.
LOL

I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-30-2016, 02:23 AM   #12
Zeina
Thank you for that suggestion, that's what I'm doing, actually.
I know a lot of people say that feeding Inside the Cage is what they do and I know it's a common thing among the community but it really just made his behaviour ten times worse... And then I had started to feed my com make the same way and he started getting like that so I changed it back to feeding them both outside of the cage and it seemed to calm them both down a little bit I use a coat hanger to get my bitey snake out and the other snake doesn't need it but it's going to take a little bit to get everything hopefully normalized again LOL but we're working on it :-)

Old 11-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
DollysMom
Hi again Zeina! The bottom line is we all suggest, but you gotta do what works for you and Seamus. Sounds like you have a handle on it. Best wishes. You are a great snake mom sticking by your bitey one.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #14
Zeina
Aw thank you.
I never planned to give up on him.
We're doing what works best at the moment lol hopefully he gets past this biting phase =)

Old 05-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
Reptile Lover 23
Any further news on Seamus.?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
JRLongton
I'd like to hear about any progress as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google