• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do you want to move to Florida?

Want a Chef?

Kathy,
How would you like a Pastry Chef for a neighbor? I come with my own resident RN and kid that is a snake nut :D

Ralph

That would be cool! Nursing seems like one of the few things you can still count on to get a job these days. You could buy the 10 acres next door and start up a catering service or ???

True

Yes it is one of the ones you can count on. She has turned down offers from all over the world.
Hey I could do a trade out with you .. my cooking for your snakes :)

Sure!

Can you make some low calorie pastries?? If you can, and make them taste great, you will be rich!!

Send me an email if you have any interest in moving here, at [email protected]

Thanks!

Photos of the apartment at long last!

Bill finally took some photos. It is not rented out yet, so I will probably list it on Craigslist soon. That means I might have to rent it to some snake phobic stranger - yuck! Sure hope one of my CS buddies move in, instead!

My niece's stuff is still there, but she will move it out as soon as I tell her it is rented.

You can see the exterior door next to the fridge. It goes out to the lanai. I will try to put up some lanai / pool photos soon, but hubby's computer hard drive just crashed, and the photos I wanted to use are on it (I think we can get them back, but might take a few days).

Contact me soon if interested!

Thanks,
Kathy

Mainroomeastward.jpg

Mainroomwestward.jpg

Bathroomeastward.jpg

Bathroomwestward.jpg

So, a few questions...

How does your county (& you) feel about pitbulls?
Any animal-related jobs nearby? (and I mean ANY animal jobs! I've worked with domestic and exotic. Also have a degree in animals).
How willing are you to help build fences and lodging for African Pygmy goats, Ancona & Runner ducks, Burros, dogs, cats, & miniature cattle? (ie. I already have a "small farm" business or two and could use any and all help to build facilities). - of course I'd be bringing corn snakes & lots of questions.

My fiancee and I are dying to move near a beach (and a lake ideally). We just spent time in Key Largo and loved it. We've been looking into Savannah, GA so heat and humidity don't scare us! Unfortunately, he has to finish up law school. So I'd have to rent the apt until he graduates. Are there law jobs nearby?

I have no idea about pits - but I see them on craigslist all the time, and haven't ever heard anyone say they are illegal. We live out in the country on 20 acres, so we can't really see any other houses from our property. It is kind of "do your own thing" out here".

I would be happy to have a little mini farm here, but seems like these days we barely have enough energy to keep up with animals and fix it projects that are necessary. Maybe during the winter we could help some, but I pretty much avoid outdoor stuff during the summer, except for swimming, lol! I never have been a fan of the heat and humidity, but I am even less of a fan of snow and ice, lol! I don't have a problem with having pretty much any animals here, but I am not sure how much I could help with them. Gettin' old with bad knees these days!

There are a few reptile places within about 45 minutes from here that might need help, at least part time. 2 of them have asked about some part timers lately (and one of those is only 20 minutes from here). Not sure about "law" jobs. There are a couple of small towns about 15 minutes away, and Ft. Myers is about 30 - 45 minutes away, depending on where you want to go.

If you are thinking about Ga, you do know that corns are illegal there, right?

Let me know if you want some more info, or give me a call.

Are corns really illegal in GA?! I KNOW I've been to the Petsmart in Marietta to admire the corns they have available. That's so strange. Do they allow any herps? Or is it all a no-no?

ALL native herps in Ga. are illegal to own, even albinos. The only herps not protected are venomous (so they can have rattlesnake roundups) and aquatic turtles (I think) because people want to eat them. So no Ga. kings, rats, corns, etc. Not even garters, if they are the same species as Ga specimens. It is a very backward state as far a herp laws go. There have been several threads about it here on CS - you can search for them if you like.

Kathy how many rooms does the mother in law apartment have? Looks like there are a couple of doors there. Paul

It is just a studio / efficiency apartment. It is one big room with kitchenette on one side, plus a separate bathroom. There are 3 doors - one to our house, one to the lanai, and one to my baby snake room.

The apt. is just big enough for one person, possibly two, if you are good friends, lol! But there is LOTS of room outside to use, including a huge lanai and screened pool area (with washer and dryer you can use), and 20 acres of mostly woods. So if you like being outside, you could lounge around on the lanai and play billiards or table tennis there, or swim in the pool, or BBQ on the grill, play with the big spur thigh tortoises next to the lanai. Or just read or sunbathe outside - whatever you like. And lots of room for outdoor pets, if you have any. So you wouldn't be stuck in a tiny apt. all of the time.

Are you thinking of moving down here?

That would be so cool, I would snatch that up if I was looking for a place to live. A neighbor that welcomes pets, encourages snakes, and offers the use of a pool, washer/dryer, and plenty of extra land.. in FLA, that would be awesome!
I hope someone from here decides to move into it, that would be a bummer to have to put it up on CL, and have snake phobic people move in. It looks pretty nice too, I like quaint little studio type apartments, less maintenance.
Good luck Kathy, I'm shocked no ones made a serious offer yet. In this economy it doesn't get much better than that, I really think someone here will make the leap, it sounds great.

Kathy if it was just me it would be perfect, I think it would be a bit small for my wife and I plus our dog, not to mention the snakes and birds we have. I was hoping one of those doors led to a bedroom. I hope you get someone to take you up on your offer, it would be a paradise for some lucky person(s) Paul

We have a couple of buildings to keep reptiles in - you could use some space out there for your herps. The apt. would only have to be for people and dogs. And you could make a pen for the dog to have some outside space to run around in, too. Whenever the weather is good enough that you are not using a/c, you can leave the door open to the lanai - that makes the apt. seem much bigger. We also have available storage areas in the shed or one of the buildings (or you can set up your own shed). So although the apt. is not too big, there are lots of other spaces for animals, and for stuff not used on a daily basis.

What a fabulous opportunity! I would so love to move to Florida one day. Sigh. I hope you get some great corny neighbors, Kathy! :D

Back