CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Milksnake Phase Pic for Hurley

Old 04-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
carol
Milksnake Phase Pic for Hurley

Don't know if you are still interested, but here is another example. This little guy is from Milksnake Phase lineage and has a 100% patternless belly. I'll have to do breeding trails to prove he is not motley.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #2
carol
This is his full sister who I believe is motley, she demonstrates what most of the motleys that come from that clutch look like(50/50 clutch). At least what I guess are motleys by appreance. They really get confusing. However, I have proven some patternless bellied ones not to be homo motley.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #3
Rich Z
Quote:
They really get confusing. However, I have proven some patternless bellied ones not to be homo motley.
No kidding......

Last year I bred a bunch of adults I had raised up that I had labeled as being the result of Amelanistic Milk Snake Phase x Amelanistic Motley (the Amel Motley came from my Milk Snake Phase X Motley project) and didn't get even one Amel Motley out of about a half dozen clutches. So obviously that Amelanistic Motley really wasn't one after all. And I looked darned close at those things too and this one fooled me.

So obviously we really cannot tell Motleys (and the derivatives thereof) 100 percent visually.

And you all thought I was kidding when I said a while back that we are on the edge of complete chaos......

Old 04-21-2004, 02:54 AM   #4
Simon
oh wow~~
that one is simply amazing!

and....hum...things are just getting weirder every day with the more knowledge we get ot know about corn genetics..
this is really confusing!!

Old 04-23-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
stuart
that second one is WICKED, id love that snake

Old 04-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Hurley
Very nice. Yeah, that second one does look motley, doesn't she? I'm guessing the belly is clear from what you say, does it look like a motley belly with the sharp lateral edges? Very, very nice snake. Those candycane types are the only amel I'd ever be interested in having. LOL, just not an amel fan, but I do like a nice red and white snake. It's just when you throw those yellows and oranges in... Heh heh.

Old 04-23-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
carol
Thanks. Ya, I am not that into amels either (except Candy Canes). However, the ones I keep around for thier genetics always end up growing on me. They both have clean bellies just like motleys. I am hoping the female will be the start of some really great Candy Cane Motley projects. I am also crossing my fingers to get some more like her this year!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google