• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

well i got angel angel out last night and it was so funny as she was moving so fast around my hands at one point she managed to tie my hands together then she would just stop moving and just stare at me for about 2 minutes then be off again for a couple of minutes then stop and stare again gutted i didn't have my camera handy she is 10 weeks old and so cute love her to bits

If I disturb my little male, he will leave whatever hiding place he happened to be in, climb his stick, and curl up in a little Pretzel staring at me. Every time I bother him. He's the sweetest little guy, never strikes or rattles when I hold him, but boy, if I change his water, I'd best be on the lookout! He'll glare me to death...

Apollo will tangle himself up on his thermometer and humidity gauge, and poke around the opening. It's an adorable way of letting us know he wants out! Of course, he does it all the time. :D

sorry for the crappy picture...my phone sucks as a camera and its even worse when I try to edit the pictures to the specs that cornsnakes.com requires. :/

When I have Slinky out and I have on her favorite shirt she does a cleft dive and then winds herself between the button openings and hangs out to watch tv. It looks like a scene out of the movie Alien (fortunately without the goopy crap!)

I fed Sherlock yesterday, a day and a few hours later than usual, since he was hiding all Thanksgiving evening after being introduced to my family and I figured it was better to wait a day than to dig him out for the fourth time and stress him out. Then I fed him close to midnight (a couple hours later than usual) since a friend needed a paper proof read. The whole 2 hours I was editing her paper, Sherlock spent lounging on a leaf alternately watching me and watching his food bin, as if to say "come ooooon I know I was sulky yesterday but look, I'm out now, where is the food?". It was super cute, since he usually goes and hides when the light is on and retreats when he notices me watching him, though he's been getting braver since he first moved in. I think we are finally coming to an understanding of "No, I'm still not planning on eating you. Look how often I could have by now, yet usually you get food. Even if sometimes I do horrible things like bathe and photograph you, I'm really not that bad."

Pickles is currently curled up in the hood of my sweatshirt. Its nice and warm, I'm sure. She is a very affectionate snake. <3

Attachments

• 270613_10150227049110920_508280919_7398082_4230373_n.jpg
    270613_10150227049110920_508280919_7398082_4230373_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 354
I love it when they curl up in your sweatshirt!! So cute!! My corn, Estelle, likes to get tangled up in my hair, which can be a big problem because it is very curly! When free ranging on my bed, she always stops at one point and just peeks her head out!

I walked in to check on corn snake this morning and just as I did he came out of his hide, circled the tank once, came right up to the front of the glass, turned around and crapped right in my face lol. how's that for something cute? guess he's just showing me what he thinks of me, right? :p

Nah, he just showing you that he's healthy and happy with his food. And not regurging :) !

My baby butter Tessa makes me work when I go to feed her. Her favorite thing is when I save her the tail from the rat pup I feed my big corn. She eats very slowly, enjoying every second of the experience. ( Most of my corns eat like they're in a state fair eating contest. Snatch! Gulp! Its gone! Not her!) She won't eat anything else until she starts with the rat tail FIRST! AND she takes forever to commit to eating it. I hold the tail in the tongs and she slowly creeps over to it. Then she has to sniff and sniff and sniff, inhaling its delicate bouquet before she finally opens her mouth and takes it. And she HAS to start in the MIDDLE! What's up with that???!!!

Her littermate brother Goober, just snarfs everything down and then looks at you like, "That's it?" Must've been a labrador in another life!

Devon

Uh...no. I have a butter corn NAMED Tessa. I'd love a TessERA but I don't think anything I own costs that much! Except for the horses!

Devon

My favourite one at them moment is when my corn gets so excited a the prospect of feeding and zooms right out the viv when I open the door before realising that I've put the mouse inside and doubling back at super speed. It's like watching a warner bros cartoon.#

I also love how after 4 years she still can't tell which end of the mouse you are supposed to eat first. She's not the brightest bulb but she is so damn cute with it :3

I also love how after 4 years she still can't tell which end of the mouse you are supposed to eat first. She's not the brightest bulb but she is so damn cute with it :3
Speaking of the luminosity of snakes.....
Yesterday, I was spot cleaning my oldest snake's (Neko) cage and took her water dish out for a thorough cleaning. I put it back in and filled it up with clean water and a few drops splashed on the glass. About five minutes later, I saw her with her nose pressed to the glass drinking the few drops off the glass like she was dying of thirst and this was the only water she could find. I stared at her and said, "Dork, you have a nice fresh bowl of water, literally an inch to your left. Its right there. Why don't you drink that?" I guess she finally heard me, because she eventually, after licking a healthy spot on the glass, decided that she now wanted the water in her bowl.

Hethiss likes to glare at me when i lift his water bowl up and he is under it or lift one of his hides. but being a baby it just looks too cute.

The way that he drinks i find that cute. Dunking his head in drinking then looking up and about then back to drinking.

When he is eating and one of my sisters cats is watching from a distance he seems to lift the pinky he is eating up in the air and waves it about while watching the cat as if to say 'I can eat mice but your not allowed'

I've had this revelation that my corns are "watching tv" sometimes. When I'm holding them, or letting them roam around the coffee table or floor, they'll roam for a bit then stop with their head aimed dead center at the bigscreen television and just sit there as if in a trance and sit in this same position, head pointed at the tv for 10-15 mins., sometimes longer. And you know corn's, they rarely sit still for that long. Var will even sit curled up in my hand or in my hoodie with her head poked out in the direction of the tv and stay there forever. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they're captivated in some way or another by the flashing pictures, moving colors, and even sounds. Anyone else's snakes exhibit this behavior?

Back