• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake poops when I set her on my carpet after a few minutes...

nickaa827

What can I do to make it so that my corn snake doesn't poop while she's out? Or, if I can't do that, what kind of preparations should I make for that moment? Usually I can tell when she's about to poo, so is it good to put her in her terrarium right as she goes? Or what?

most of us feed our snakes, and then don't handle them for 2 or 3 days until they poop. Better they do it in the cage than on us. Once they poop, you are safe until you feed them again........ Usually

Some of my Corns wait until I clean their rack containers and five minutes later leave a deposit. I don't feel bad I was visiting a friend and he had a huge python that defecated all over the walls of its cage. I was ready to chuck my cookies after seeing what remained of a large rabbit.

I have four corns. Three of them will let me slide something under their butts and "catch" the poo when they poop outside the enclosure, so that's nice (and gross). One of them is too flighty and doesn't react well to being touched.

I wouldn't try it on a small/young snake or one that's not used to being handled. It's a handy trick if you can manage it.

And the something that I have them poop on is a paper plate with one side folded up (since they tend to shoot it out forcefully) and some paper towels to absorb the liquid.

Signed,
Crazy Snake Lady

Mine usually leaves just one deposit per meal. I keep a towel handy if that hasn't happened yet. Depending on the weather, I will take him outside to relieve himself. Keeps the enclosure clean.

Gypsy always waits until I take her out, so I always start her on paper towels laid over a plastic trash bag. Once she goes potty, she's good to hang out where-ever. Her viv is so easy to maintain. She's quite fastidious! :eek:k_01:

My 9 yr old normal also has this personal habit. We bring him out every other day and when he signals by starting to lift his tail we catch with a paper towel/folded newsprint backed by a dedicated plastic cutting board for seepage through or paper towel placement miscalculations. This makes maintaining his cage in pristine condition an absolute breeze. The family jokes that we have never read in the corn snake books that you can potty train snakes.

Lol, I get mine out 48 to 60 hours after eating and it is guaranteed they poop in 10 minutes. Corn snakes are great like that.

I just pick up the solids gently with a paper towel so as not to squish it and cause more odor. I throw it out in a plastic lined waste can. Then I clean up the rest using BioKleen Bac-Out. Cleaning up snake poop has become a total non-event in my life.

Back