CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Housing snakes together - my very, very long opinion

Old 01-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #51
howiet4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel
No it isn't.

This WAS an interesting and informative thread on a contentious subject, started by one of the world's foremost experts on Corn Snake husbandry. It has descended into a juvenile bickering session that is an embarrassment to this community - and I'm including everyone here, probably even this post.

Just for the record - in case anybody hadn't noticed - I'm disgusted.

Yes it is Kel...It's a joke!

I have only been with these forums since October, but this thread and ones like it, have been a bunch of bickering back and forth! I know just about everyone is getting fed up with it, including myself! It's only a certain few that have been doing it!

You know...it's your snake.....people come here for advice and thats great...Some people will house snakes together, some won't. It's the way it's always going to be...It's their choice either way! They know the risks, the possible dangers etc. They may also never have a problem with housing together.

All I know is this is getting old real quick and I appoligize as well to Kathy for some of the posters lately....

Old 01-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #52
Mangrove
I still dont see what the point of this fude is i mean if it is your snake do as you will... im not gunna shove information down your throat until you change your mind and most of us are strong and confident in our knowledge, so you are not gunna change someones idea with a post that is making people angry, there are sever stubborn people and there is no reason to attack them becaseu they have clashing ideas with you, i sjut say we either get along or put an end to his thread, i would personally like to see us get along and begin to agree with each other, even though this can be amusing to read you attacking others, you come up iwht some good information, why odnt we aim that for helping other people????

Old 01-15-2005, 12:12 PM   #53
Serpwidgets
I don't mind the competition of ideas. In fact I enjoy it. In the absense of disagreement there is only dogma and nobody learns anything. Healthy competition is a necessary and important part of growth. This place is great for that.

The only problem I have is with pathological liars with made up credentials, like packerfan4 and cornman1979 or cornboy1980 or whatever other fictitious name he is using today.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #54
Mangrove
Cool

I do agree with you it is good to have to defend your point but some of the stuff people are comming up with i souta hand and it should not be said other that that i am fine wiht it, it brings more attention to the thread, and makes it more improtant because you know you have to try to get your point across.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:46 PM   #55
Itsnowingcorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
I don't mind the competition of ideas. In fact I enjoy it. In the absense of disagreement there is only dogma and nobody learns anything. Healthy competition is a necessary and important part of growth. This place is great for that.

The only problem I have is with pathological liars with made up credentials, like packerfan4 and cornman1979 or cornboy1980 or whatever other fictitious name he is using today.
Serp, of course competition of ideas is great, we always learn something from it, but this thread has gone past competition of ideas to mindless bickering, trying to catch eachother out and personal comments that have nothing to do with the original thread. I think Kel is right here, it's NOT getting good.

Can someone please direct me to the corn snake forum?

Old 01-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #56
Clint Boyer
Quote:
make up their own minds on whether the risk justifies the benefits.
This qoute from Kathy sums it up pretty well.

Can you? Yes.
Should you? It's your decission.

Do I? Yes, hatchling clutchmates.
Why? Because I don't have the facilities to house all of my individual hatchlings.
Do I keep all hatchlings together? No, I don't house snakes together that I'm unwilling to risk.

Some survive:

Some don't:

These were none feeding clutchmates in both circumstances.

I have had other mouse feeding clutchmates attack each other ocassionally.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #57
Itsnowingcorns
That's so sad Clint Boyer, can't you keep them seperate in plastic lunch boxes or something?

Old 01-15-2005, 01:11 PM   #58
Clint Boyer
I don't have room to house 500+ hatchlings separately.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #59
Packerfan4
Good God...most of you on here are over 30...DO YOU NOT HAVE A LIFE BESIDES GETTING ON THE NET AND TALKIN ABOUT SNAKES...no offense but you ppl need to get out more...Have any of you ever heard of FOOTBALL or sports in general???LEARN TO LIKE THEM AND MAYBE YOUR LIVES WILL SEEM MORE FULL. it has to be pretty damn boring waking up every day and playin with snakes. peace

Old 01-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #60
Clint Boyer
I've been out.

Done, seen and accomplished quite a bit.

Oh to be 17 and know it all again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google