CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Have you been bitten by a CORN?
Yes, more than once. 108 36.99%
Yes, only once 34 11.64%
Nope, not yet 150 51.37%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Bitten?

Old 03-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #21
DAND
Well, I just got nailed by a rat (as in rodent, not snake). I'll take a corn over a rat bite any day! If she wasn't gravid she'd be in a snake already.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #22
intoxicated
I've already stopped counting the bites by hatchlings, but I've only been bitten once by one of my adult corns. But that was more like an accident during feeding

My 5 ft grey rat snake however bites at anything that comes close, even at the glass of the viv. And even after handling it with gloves for five minutes it still tries to bite. Pity...

Old 03-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
Azruial
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Well, I just got nailed by a rat (as in rodent, not snake). I'll take a corn over a rat bite any day! If she wasn't gravid she'd be in a snake already.
Lol, those things can be vicious.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #24
CAV
There are two kinds of herpers....

Those that have been bitten, and those that will be.

It is just a part of the game. If you just accept that it is going to happen, it is much less of a shock when it actually does.

If you want to learn exactly how docile corns are, play with a hungry boa!

Old 03-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
Those that have been bitten, and those that will be.

It is just a part of the game. If you just accept that it is going to happen, it is much less of a shock when it actually does.

If you want to learn exactly how docile corns are, play with a hungry boa!
Yeah, an Argentine.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #26
DdotSpot
I was bitten 3 times by my Reverse Okeetee the other day, she is having a hard time adjusting. She is DEFINATELY getting better....it sure made me laugh though with her tail rattling and her striking my hand. She thinks she is SO tough...lol.

She has been really flighty every time I've taken her out, except this last time, I decided to try something different. I put on a long sleeve shirt and coaxed her into my sleeve. She was curled up in there for about half an hour or more. When she finally crawled out, she was calm as can be.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #27
Spirit
LOL! Mine is no longer allowed up my sleeve. That is where he goes to poop... little brat.

I've never been bitten by my snakes, but I have been tagged at (repeatedly) by an adult python and a yearling leucistic texas rat. Of course with the rat I had food, but still... evil little buggers, those two were. The rat was just being a rat, but there was definitely something wrong with the python. He's now strictly a display snake. lol

Old 03-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #28
dionythicus
I think most people (outside the herp world) associate a snake bite with a pair of fangs because of the popularity of snake TV shows featuring venomous snakes. They don't know that corns, rats, kings, etc. have rows of itty bitty teeth. Heck, I didn't even realise my Okee had ahold of my arm until I glanced over and thought, "wow, she's biting me". Now I have the outline of her teeth on my skin and I think it looks cool.

Even though it didn't hurt, I'd still rather get another tattoo than get bit!!

Old 03-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #29
noelsmum
Just once

Fang got me at his last feeding. He was in shed, but both my boys are ready and willing to eat whether or not they can see what they're eating. Unfortunately, it's hard to grab a mouse you can smell but not see. Feeding went something like this:

Strike 1: Missed mouse, bit his own tail.
Strike 2: Missed mouse, bit my thumb.

I ended up placing the darn thing on his head.

He looked so disappointed in my fingernail...

Old 03-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #30
Azruial
I am actually looking foreward to getting tagged. I don't think my Aluvia will be the one who does it though. After college, I can expand my collection and have even more fun

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google