• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

snakedancer

sweet land of lizardy
Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

Mine would hafta be how she watches me in my sleep
(I know this because when I wake up I see Sally doing it and my mom comes in evry now and then to check on her and sees her do this)

I'd say it was when one of my corns started drinking out of my water bottle once. I was handling him, and he was wrapped around me when I filled it up.. I guess he smelled the water because he went right to it and stuck his head in and started drinking it. Good thing it was water!:crazy02:

My Miami must be a metro-sexual because he loves to be accesseries =)

My albino does a "mama" stretch. Whenever someone holds her and I walk by, I'll be 20 ft away and she'll be stretching in my direction.

My oldest corn, JD, is working on a prop comedy act.

He's taking the name "Amel Top". I'm taking 20 per cent. :cool:

regards,
jazz

Whenever I'm on the phone, Connor always comes out and just stares at me. Like he's thinking, "hey mum, what you doing?" :grin01:

My new python likes to headbut my thumb :shrugs:

I think the funnies thing I had ever seen,was the first time my corn "yawned"
That definately had me rolling on the floor.

:crazy01:

Mine has always cruised around the top lip of his 20 gal aquarium. It was fine when he was smaller (I've had him 3 months) but, now that he's getting more girth to him, he keeps falling out. He's a determined little guy though, and keeps at it. Last night he was at it for an hour at least. He must have fallen like 15 times. He cracks me up.

One time a few years ago I tried to breed Seven to Floyd. He got on top of her and started the old mating dance, and in typical fashion she bucked really hard. So hard, in fact, that he was knocked completely off of her and his head landed on his own back near his vent.

He picked up right where he left off: dancing his chin/neck on his own back. He was caught in a feedback loop and was getting unbelievably excited at all the stimulation coming from all directions. He was twitching like crazy, every time he would start "catching up" with himself (getting his chin farther up his back) he'd also start "getting away" and bolt ahead, which of course was fruitless.

Twitch twitch! Slide sliiiide, caress caress! Twitch twi-BOLT! GO GO GO stop! Twitch twitch! Ooh, she's excited now I can tell! Sliiiiide twitch sliiiiide, twitch twitch, BOLT! GO GO GO Stop! Twitch twitch! Oh yeah, baby! :roflmao:

It took a few minutes for him to figure out what was going on. I think if I had laughed any harder I would have had a seizure. :crazy02:

What happened last night when I fed Travis was quite amusing, I put his mouse in a tub, then put that in the viv. He was already out climbing on his plant when I put the tub in and immediately the smell attracted his attention, he turned round quickly and fell out of the plant. :grin01: He then started going along the front of the viv (So I couldn't see him) then he would pop his head up. Then duck down, slither along, pop his head up again. He did it about 5 times before finding the tub. :)

They can be SO goofy!!

Sobek, my new little Okeetee, was sitting near the front of his tub when I entered the snake room recently. His tub sits about eye level for me. I turned around and glanced up and there were these two dark eyes looking at me ferociously! That silly guy had slithered up the side, then bent his head all the way back and was looking at me upside down. I'm surprised he didn't fall backwards!! He did this on the first day while being held as well. It's the funniest thing to see!

-Tonya

I brought my first baby cornsnake from the reptile show, and was very excited so I immediately took her out of her deli cup and started holding her. My mom was sitting at the computer and I wanted to show her to her, so I brought her over. My mom looked at her, and she immediately hissed and struck right at her face. She was a little uncomfortable around her for a little while after that. I thought it was pretty funny.

Without a doubt, the funniest thing I've ever seen was Lazarus, after a one snake party!! :grin01:

Last edited:
I like it when they attack a f/t mouse and constrict like it's going to get away. Y'know, it was dead when it came out of the freezer, it was dead when I put it in hot water, it was dead when I put it in your tub and it's STILL DEAD!! But kill it anyway. :grin01:

when I go to clean the aspen, Sally strikes, hisses, and rattles at the pooper scooper so now, I hafta make sure she is in a hide and can't see it

We also use to use newspaper in her cage and our local newspaper picks people from the area and puts a few basic facts about them in like what they're afraid of and so on. This one lady said she was afraid of snakes and I didn't know it so I used this piece in her cage and I saw Sal staring at the paper so I looked at where she was staring and it says this lady's name, size of her family etc.
Then I look down and there's "FEARS:snakes"
and ironically that's exactly what Sally was looking at.
My mom took a picture and we were gonna send it in but she never got the film developed.

My two year old snow corn wove herself into my French braid a couple of nights ago. I had to take my hair completely down to get her out!

My old anery pooped in the Corn Snake Manual while I was reading it...she definitely had some kind of opinion about it. :rolleyes:

Feeding responces from my yearling corns always get me laughing...
Its either "not another moose" or "look mumma, I ate my moose"

Attachments

• DSCI0020copy.jpg
    DSCI0020copy.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCI0032copy.jpg
    DSCI0032copy.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 372
my 8 month old corn escaped, though I had no idea. I was sleeping and woke up to find her in my bed, curled up on my face.

Mine would hafta be how she watches me in my sleep

that s soooooo adorable!!! she watches u in ur sleep, awww!!!~~ ^^

Back