CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #41
rushrulz
When Sev regurged, it didn't smell at all. Hmm.

Anyway, I've only had him for a few weeks, so I don't have too many stories. At this point, everything he does is just cute.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:06 AM   #42
Velvet
Oh nothing smells as foul as something that's been lying rotting in a snakes belly for a couple of days and then gets regurged!!!

My snake did it once and I tell you, cleaning up semi-liquid mouse is not nice!!!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #43
sazzy925
the day i first got my corn snake, he was very active and searching around his tank. I had a round, stick on thermometer attached to the side, and i thought he'd never reach it. I came back 5 minutes later to check on him and he was happily wrapped around the thermometer. I sat and watched him for a while and after about a minute, the thermometer suddenly fell off the wall, snake and all. It was quite funny as the thermometer fell into his water bowl, drenching the snake and he then looked up as if he was saying "you didn't see me just make a fool of myself"

Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #44
rushrulz
I would have to say that the absolute neatest thing Severus has been doing lately is spending a lot of time around the front of the viv, against the glass. He's actually burrowed under his bedding, against the glass. It's like the snake version of an ant farm. You look over and see this snake under his aspen, but you can actually see him in the little tunnel. And some of his tunnels seem to retain some of their shape after he's moved on, I guess because snakes are so terribly careful and precise. I mean, more so than a cat.

Otherwise, nothing too funny, I don't think. He was on the edge of his water bowl once when I approached, and he backed up his top part (pulling his head and neck back) and it ended up in the water, but he didn't even notice. And it was cute when he threaded himself through his log hide, with his head out one hole and the rest going in another.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #45
tanner123
Not so much funny...but do any of your snakes insist on poopin' in that ONE spot where the aspen has been moved away, or RIGHT in the corner so it seep sinto the sealant, or on the glass in general? Never make it easy and go right in the middle so you can spot clean.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #46
Weebonilass
I'm not sure how funny it is, but one of the things I love about my hypo, Kieran, is that he's a people watcher. He only hides for about 24 hrs after a feed and then he's back out. He'll rest his head on his log or a branch of his tree and just watch.

When his tank was between the desk and the couch, he was always on whatever end I was on In some ways I wish he was more like Lady G use to be... she would wrap about the bra strap and just rest on your shoulders while you read or typed... but not him... gotta watch him every minute. He's still likely to launch out of your hands if you aren't careful.

With only the two I have no way to compare... one anchored super good and he doesn't anchor at all.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #47
Cursed_Witch
i got some neat funny pics of Stewie...

He does the climbing/falling thing everynight for about an hour or so
Everytime i come home or when i wake up in the morning...i find his head sticking in the air like a cobra.... he stays like that for several minutes...
He also has this habit of sticking himself out of the opening of his house... its ridiculous...
and when he is eating.. his new habit is to lift his food in his mouth and swallow it down.. its hilarious..

I can provide pics if anyone interested... if i find other funny things ill post them...

Old 09-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #48
sarah s
lol cursed witch my rainoo does the same throw head back and swallow down food trick as your stewie. Rainoo has also taken to playing peek a boo and hide and seek with me when I have her out for her exersise. I exersise her in a large cardbord box that has a few holes at different levels in it and every so often I look down to see her peeking out of one of the holes at me or peeking at me from over the top of the box. She also hides from me in the box by climbing up the sides in places where I cant see her body at all so I end up looking in to be sure she is ok. Of course she is always fine and tends to have this shocked look on her face as if to say what do you want, especially if in looking I have startled her and she has lost her balance and fallen over.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #49
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed_Witch
i got some neat funny pics of Stewie...

I can provide pics if anyone interested... if i find other funny things ill post them...

Even as a newcomer to this site, I can tell folks looooooooooooooooove them pictures Post away!

Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 AM   #50
Beothon Lover
my normal doesn't really do anything funny but my sun glow does one thing that gets me to laugh...he'll be sitting on my hand and then he'll go straight up(almost 90 degree angle) or at a slight lesser angle...he only get 4-5 inches of his body off my hand before he falls and i have to catch him so he doesn't hurt himself...and then he goes around looking like he's saying "you didn't see that"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google