CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Cute Pacman frogs - green and albino!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
kathylove
Cute Pacman frogs - green and albino!

These little guys are the cutest things - and easy to care for! They were locally produced and are still small, but growing fast. But they are big enough to eat pinkie mice, insects, other frogs - just about anything smaller than themselves!

The albinos are $29 each and the greens are $25 each, plus shipping. They can be shipped FedEx as corns are (and in the same box with corns). Or they can be shipped Express Mail. I have never shipped animals Express Mail, only FedEx, so would have to look into that option if preferred.

Albino Pacman (horned) frogs $29 each

Green Pacman (horned) frogs $25 each

Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
snakewispera snr
Yo hypnotoad.......... I love these guys...
Having seen most things feed these have the most aggressive feeding response of anything... Real animals.. We'll post a pic of Lewis one day..he's like a football.(thats soccer ball not the weird shaped thing you guys stateside call football...LOL)
Great amphs to own everyone should have one.. I like the green ones as well...LOL
MIKE

Old 02-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
SnakesRule1234
Cool! I wish the albinos didn't have red eyes though, freak me out.
Is shipping just as much as for snakes (about $50)?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
snakewispera snr
See, the eyes have it....
MIKE

Old 02-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
kathylove
If you use FedEx, it will be $48 just like the snakes (although you could add up to 4 snakes or frogs in the box for the same price). But Express Mail may be around half that much. I have to talk to the people at the post office to see just how much, and to determine how safe I think it is.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #7
Jessicat
Nice, I like the green ones that have color to them. I saw a few at a show awhile back but the seller was asking $80. They were green and looked similar to the ones you have for sale, maybe a bit more purple?

Hrm.. maybe it's time to put one of my empty tanks to use! What's the basic care for these guys?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
kathylove
I have found them to be really easy to care for. Here is a care sheet from the W.N.Y. Herp Society.
http://www.wnyherp.org/care-sheets/a...c-man-frog.php

The only thing I do differently (as did the breeder of these frogs) is that we don't keep water in with them all the time, but soak them in a shallow bowl for a few hours a couple of times per week. Or you could put the shallow bowl in the cage and let it go dry, then clean and fill it a few days later. If you decide to leave it in all the time, it needs to be changed every day or two.The breeder keeps them in Carefresh bedding, and I keep them in cypress mulch.

As they mature, they become extremely hardy and don't need water as often. We once had an adult that escaped (the cage door was left open) and wasn't found for a couple of weeks. It had encased itself in a semi-hard "shell" to avoid drying out, just as they do in the dry season in the wild. When we put it in water, the shell softened and it started removing it with its feet, puffed up with water, and became an "instant frog - just add water", lol!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
It had encased itself in a semi-hard "shell" to avoid drying out, just as they do in the dry season in the wild. When we put it in water, the shell softened and it started removing it with its feet, puffed up with water, and became an "instant frog - just add water", lol!
Thanks for that, Kathy. That's kinda fascinating me. I'm never at a loss for "things to research" when reading the posts on this site.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
omni
I read that care sheet referenced above, they get up to 9"?? geez that's a big frog. I see them in the pet stores, 2-4". The bigger ones kinda looked like Jabba the Hut. They are very round and cute! Morbid thought- feeding by hand, it gets your finger and holds on while you jerk away, flinging it...

Could they be conditioned to eat F/T or prekilled prey, or must it be live?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google