CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

2009 baby BCI's wholesale

Old 01-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #41
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Well, I can do SYR, but I'm not FedEx certified. Becky, would you be up to the task?
Oh boy....What's this job pay? LOL How many more people do we need to try and pull this off? Worse I can do is ship some one the wrong thing. Right?

Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #42
Lolo
FYI: Not sure of the exact details, but you can do a sort of "escrow" through PayPal... that way everyone's money would be held safely, until each shipment was received. I've used that feature for expensive eBay items, and it worked pretty well (you leave the seller positive feedback to release funds). Just a thought!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #43
Kaminoke
We don't have to have a certain number of people, just the more we have the cheaper the international shipping will be. The $575 will be divided by the number of people... so if we had 10 people, each person would pay $57.50 + cost of the snake they are buying + cost of shipping it from Becky. The more we have, the lower than $575 portion is, though of course the other two stay the same. Honestly even with 10 people, it's really not that bad. A salmon would cost me $135 + $57.50 + ~$50, so about $243 or so, and I am okay with that. And if every wants a salmon, it's cool because there are 20 available.

Also the Escrow thing would work, though I'm inclined to trust Becky not to take the money (or the snakes) and run. Especially since those of you who know her better than I trust her.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #44
Zulu3
I hope we can gather a few more people though. I thought that someone brought up a good idea, posting this on a boa website and getting some more people interested. Anyway hope this all comes through =)

Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #45
bekers71
I do want to point out one small detail to every one...if this goes through and all the snakes are shipped to me for me to ship out, I will need to charge every one roughly an additional $2.85 to cover all the boxes I would have to purchase to ship. Sorry if that sounds kind of prudish. LOL

Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #46
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I do want to point out one small detail to every one...if this goes through and all the snakes are shipped to me for me to ship out, I will need to charge every one roughly an additional $2.85 to cover all the boxes I would have to purchase to ship. Sorry if that sounds kind of prudish. LOL
What's another $3? No biggie to any of us who can afford a boa at all!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #47
Cat_Eyed_Lady
I dont think that sounds prudish at all! It is 'normal' I think because we all would be taking advantage (?) of your shipping ability Very normal to me to think about paying the cost of your shipping TO me and also what it costs you in supplies and I am sure everyone will agree with me

Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #48
Kaminoke
Right. We would definitely pay you the cost of shipping to us, including the cost of any materials needed. That's a given.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #49
Kokopelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Oren, roughly how much would you guys be asking for a salmon? And how big a viv would they need to start with? And when would they need a bigger viv if fed appropriately?

I think I figured out how to fit in a rack. Ergo, I could instead get a dwarf boa THIS year instead...
The prices are right up there.

Salmons(these too have some hog isle in them): 135$ per
Hypo/Super Hypo 66% het: 135$ per
HoggXColombians 100% het albino: 90$ per
HoggXcolombians: 50$ per

Granted- the Sunfires (our line of Salmon HogXcolombians) will go for 1200$ per... and only few are available at this point. Around erm... 5, aside from the ones already sold... and two will probably be sold on as well.

Also- I consider everyone here as my friend, I would not want to arrange a shipment unless I was -positive- everyone knew what they are getting into... so here are a few things to consider:

1- Whoever's in-charge will need to work with the customs. This is not as easy a procedure as it is within the US- I cannot foresee the price you may need to pay. Whoever's taking charge will need to do some research- we know how to work with our own government, but we can't do much on your side.

2- We will have a live arrival guarantee which will take effect only if the person who gets the snakes has released the snakes from customs on their day of arrival- if any snake arrives dead(something which shouldn't happen as we will pack them with heatpacks and with a lot of care) we will want a picture naturally to be sent via email within 24 hours of arrival.
Once these 24 hours expire, we won't be able to take responsibility how they are maintained and therefore won't be able to compensate for any losses.

However there -are- reasons to seriously consider this:

1- These are quality stock animals, every salmon has an amazing color/pattern or both. The hoggXColombians are astonishing... and the Sunfires are simply outstanding. The prices here do not reflect their worth- but reflect our own understanding that the price must be extremely attractive for it to attract the attention of someone from abroad due to the other payments said person will need to make to arrange it.
You are welcome to check out the prices of such animals... I did a minor research and saw salmons for that quality go for 300-400$ easy.

2- Live arrival guarantee is not a common thing when you're talking about shipping internationally- granted, the refund will be for the cost of the animal only, but that's a lot more than many other exporters I worked with have done.

Also- I think it is safe to say that if a person buys several boas and sells them on, he will have no problems what so ever to make a good profit.

I and Alon hope to continue working with people from the US and Europe in the future... as such we can't really afford things to end up badly... because it'll backfire on us like hell with so many people involved... probably ruin any chance to sell in the future.

Personally I find the concept of making so many people happy at once extremely appealing- it will really just put a smile on my face.

If indeed you'll reach a decision and there will be enough people to get 30 or more Boas... I'd take it on myself to photo every single Boa and work with your representative so that each snake will be labeled with it's future owner.

Also- be advised, some of the boas are hissy... we can't handle them all. I will of course not sell any boa and say that it's docile when it's not. I -can- however tell you from personal experience... BCI are usually docile by nature, getting them to relax is extremely easy- a matter of working with them just a bit... I have worked with very aggressive animals... and it can always be toned down tremendously.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #50
Kokopelli
Another taste of Salmon:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google