CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

ESCAPEE or HIDE LOG HORRORS?

Old 12-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #111
wowfood
Aquarium silicone could work actually. I'd just need to move kratos to a spare viv, want to give him time to digest first though.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #112
Candy001
Thank you so much for this thread. We got our snake a couple weeks ago and everything was going pretty well and Saturday morning we couldn't find her. I tore the tank and the room apart trying to find her. I was so sad and so was my daughter. I felt like I totally screwed up 2 weeks and I already lost the snake. I couldn't figure out how she got out. I started looking up how to find her and all that and then found this thread.

And even after I was reading it I didn't think much about the log... but post after post saying the snake was in the log I thought I better check. And sure enough- I find a small hole in the log. We got the tank and accessories from the previous owner so I hadnt notice there was a cracked off part of the log since it was facing down in the tank. I took some pliers and made the hole big enough to look in and looked in with a flash light- she was slithering from one side to the other. With the bigger exit we let her decide to come out on her own and then taped it up so no more MIA.

The stupid thing was we left the cage open on the floor in case she came back to get to the heat source so she could have escaped then assuming she could get out of the log on her own.
So fairly quick happy ending luckily- not sure if it would have been without this thread! Thanks so much!!!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #113
compasslogic
My baby is currently stuck in a ceramic log! How do I get him out without hurting him? There isn't really a place to run water through it. Pics of where he is stuck are on the last post of my thread here:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...=1#post1682655

Old 04-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #114
Deaflori
Thank you! I bought that last week for Valentino for when upgrading to bigger viv. I will get the plugged before I put it in.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #115
Greeneyegal92
I just lost my Hermes ( ~15 in) from a 20 gallon zilla as you can see I have count them, 7 cats, he's been gone for about 3 days now and I tore apart the room his viv was in and nothing He may still be out there, I haven't found any snake body and my cats are all over 13 years old, but I'm so distraught! I can't do the corn flour thing because my cats will leave tracks any suggestions out there to help out? The Viv was in an open room unfortunately, could he be in the basement or upstairs?
Thanks!

Old 08-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #116
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyegal92 View Post
I just lost my Hermes ( ~15 in) from a 20 gallon zilla as you can see I have count them, 7 cats, he's been gone for about 3 days now and I tore apart the room his viv was in and nothing He may still be out there, I haven't found any snake body and my cats are all over 13 years old, but I'm so distraught! I can't do the corn flour thing because my cats will leave tracks any suggestions out there to help out? The Viv was in an open room unfortunately, could he be in the basement or upstairs?
Thanks!
Are you 100% positive that he isn't hiding in a tiny space in one of his hides? You don't happen to have the dreaded log of horrors do you?

Old 08-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #117
Greeneyegal92
I quadruple checked the log bedding and nothing I put a heating pad and water dish in my vents since I know that's where I'd wanna hide from cats if I was a snake!

Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #118
Haight
Quote:
I quadruple checked the log bedding and nothing I put a heating pad and water dish in my vents since I know that's where I'd wanna hide from cats if I was a snake!
You could try the 2 liter bottle trap. Cut the top off of a 2 liter bottle an invert it. Put his usual food item inside and set it along the wall in the area that you believe he might be in. Here is a link with a detailed description on how to make the trap. Best of luck to you!
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78638

Old 08-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #119
Haight
Quote:
When you say log, does it happen to be the same log that is on the first page of the thread? If it is, are you aware of the problem area?

Old 08-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #120
Haight
Eek, I meant the second page.
*Need to contribute for the edit post option*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape, escaped, escapee