CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

New amel emoryi and new rootbeer

Old 09-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
vanderkm
New amel emoryi and new rootbeer

I was fortunate enough that Paul (bighill reptiles) thought I might be interested in an amel emoryi and he had her delivered to the Red Deer show last week. I have been tempted by the amel emoryi in the past but am still undecided about whether to introduce them into my creamsicle projects - not sure if I want the confusion of non-allelic amel genes!!

She will make a great addition to the collection though - nice to have an example to show people the difference. She has a bit of an irregular saddle pattern with some broken saddles but still quite typical emoryi.

She has an almost completely clear belly too

Was also able to get this rootbeer male from Paul - he is from a creamsicle bred to a sunkissed so will be nice to introduce another hypo into the lines.

Both youngsters attacked their rats with vigor and are settling in great - will post some better pictures once they are established.

thanks for looking,

mary v.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Roy Munson
That's definitely a beautiful emoryi, Mary. That rootbeer's nice too, with interesting heritage. Congrats.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
SnakeAround
mmmmmmmm.... ultra rootbeers!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
CARattler40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderkm
I have been tempted by the amel emoryi in the past but am still undecided about whether to introduce them into my creamsicle projects - not sure if I want the confusion of non-allelic amel genes!!
Sounds interesting. I'd love to see an animal homozygous for both the Emoryi amel gene and the corn amel gene.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
rad2217
looks like I'm about to catch "Emoryi Fever!"

Old 09-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Mrs InsaneOne
Congrats on the new additions! I really like the head pattern on the amel emoryi!

Jenn

Old 09-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
Noe..gr
I love the wild yellow look of albino emorys!
Wish I could find one here.Some day...

Old 09-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #8
vanderkm
Thanks for the kind comments. I really like this little amel emoryi - chowing down on rats already and very calm. I would also like to see what a homozygous amel emoryi and homozygous amel corn genes in combination would look like, but am concerned it would be too hard to sort out. I am considering breeding this girl into my corn line but have to find some that are known to not be het for amel - that will be a challenge!!

mary v.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google