CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Tattoos

Old 10-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #41
recycling goddess
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty_mussolini
Ladies with alot of tattoos (esp. sleaves) is the flame to my inner moth. Screw lady-like, Tats are HOT!!!
i agree esp. if it's what she wants to do. personally my tat's are very special to me.

my first (from 7 years ago) is a rose (no pics sorry) and it's made up of triangles and other shapes placed together to make it look like a rose (on my right calf)

then my second is a sea dragon... looks like a lizard, fish, dragon... all the critters i'm into. it's on a very swollen leg the next day, but fortunately i didn't loose any of the colour at all, it's still just as intense! i just love nigel (my tat artist) he's really talented. (gangster ink in chilliwack bc canada - small plug for the artist LOL)

the third is a work in progress, we've done about 6 hours of needlework so far and have approx 5+ hours more to go. she's a goddess with wings on my right sleeve. we used blue instead of black to get the outline and shading and now we are working on adding alot of white and colour... we just did her face and hair, hence the darkness of it at this time. next week we are doing the wings. she is the 'partner' to my hubby's wizard and we got them done to celebrate our relationship together.

the last one is my hubby's first tat. nigel did it as well. my hubby has about 3 more which will get done... but alas... money is a factor in these things. they are not inexpensive! if they were.... oh man, people would be asking "is there virgin skin anywhere?" LOL

Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #42
princess
Whilst I totally love looking at body art and I've stopped mere inches from getting inked on a number of occasions, I don't at all regret my 'virgin skin' status. I've had a stack of bits pierced and actually taken most of them out but tats aren't so easy to get rid of 5-10-30 years down the track when they're not as crisp, when you have other priorities in life...or when you sober up!!!

I don't need to tell all of you that you see a lot of 'colourful' people at the reptile shows and whilst the hottie 22 year old girlie with flat tummy, toned arms and youthful skin might look hot under her decorations.....the 55 year old woman with the faded smudges, stretched or sagging beyond distinction of what they originally where...isn't quite so pretty.

I'm all for individuality but I think I'll stick to other ways of expressing myself!

BTW, some of you have some gorgeous tats that...for a second...tempt...me

Old 10-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #43
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty_mussolini
Ladies with alot of tattoos (esp. sleaves) is the flame to my inner moth. Screw lady-like, Tats are HOT!!!
LOL that made me chuckle . Yes some like tattoos if they're done well and look nice on their canvas! Not to be overly-stereotypical, but here on a reptile forum I imagine most people are unphased by body art even if they have none themselves.

However, I still find that just as many people strongly dislike tattoos, particularly on us laydees. An old-fashioned idiot of a man (who I didn't even know) was once very nasty to me in public about it, caused a hell of a scene It might be 2005, but some folks just have a problem with tattooed women.

I also started a new job 3 weeks ago, for a rather more conservative company than I've ever worked for before. I've been careful not to wear anything that lets them get more than a glimpse, and of only one at a time...lol. Sad but true!

Don't get me wrong I wear my tattoos with pride and I love them all. But, I respect that some people don't and try to take it into consideration depending on where I am.

Good point made by Princess too - tattoos on old people don't look great. But hey, they'll remind us of when we were young and reckless and living life to the full. I'd probably still go back to have mine recoloured when I'm 80 and they're all faded! Have been careful not to put one anywhere that will sag though

Old 10-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #44
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracee
Have been careful not to put one anywhere that will sag though
LOL, me too. Although my guy is faded, he is on my lower back so not only is he easy to hide, he seems to be in a nice "sag free" zone. I'll probably get him retouched some day.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #45
recycling goddess
well, i'm not old... but i am 42 and my hubby is 56... and even though i'm not skinny... i still love my tats!!!

i am, however, very careful not to get a tat somewhere (like my breasts, upper arm or tummy) that are going to sag and look like crap eventually. as for work, i work from home and so i don't have to worry about future employers.

but......wouldn't this world be great if everyone just simply accepted others for what they were and they stood for and didn't judge... just simply loved them regardless... *staring off into the horizon*

ahhhhhhhh, i guess i can start by making that my reality and hopefully my children will follow my lead... and they can tell two friends, and they can tell two more friends..... and so on and so on.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:15 AM   #46
Missy
Talking

ok here is my boyfriend, shaun's tattoo on his upper right arm

and this is my little snake i got bout 5 years ago on my left shoulder blade.
the colours are a lot better than what the camera has showed, lol, its purple and yellow.

Old 11-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #47
BlueDemon
Phoenix

Here's my Phoenix Tattoo, which is about one sitting from completion:

This is 10 1/2 hours of work, done by Rev. Fish at Whole Addiction in Coral Springs.

And what still has to be finished:

Blue

Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #48
ultimuttone
Awesome colorwork, Blue! Intense.

Old 11-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #49
BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimuttone
Awesome colorwork, Blue! Intense.
Thank you very much. It's been a great project, and I can't wait to see it upon completion. The artist has done an awesome job, as far as I'm concerned.

Blue

Old 11-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #50
BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Poots
Let me try that again:
That's bad ass! I like it alot! Great design and work.

Blue

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google