CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Corn Snake Names

Old 12-14-2006, 05:24 AM   #21
Mrs InsaneOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssthisto
My corns (theme - gems, minerals, rocks):
You stole our theme!! (j/k)

I've posted my list on the other name thread, but there have been some changes, so I'll post them again here.

Most of the corns are named after rocks, minerals, and gemstones though there are a few that don't follow that theme for various reasons. Some of them are named for color, some for attitude, and some just because it sounded cool! lol. Those with an '*' are the ones that were added since I posted the last list. Be warned, it's a LONG list...

#4 - Ultramel (We haven't named her yet, that's Tim's job.),
#10 - Amel (Another one Tim will need to name.)
Agate - Normal,
Alexandrite - Blood,
Amethyst - Lavender,
Basalt - Abbott's Okeetee,
Beryl - Rootbeer,
Breccia - Hypo,
Brookite - Amel,
Brucite* - Normal,
Cassiterite - Blood,
Charcoal - Anery Something,
Copper - Amel,
Coral* - Normal,
Feldspar - Rootbeer,
Ferrite - Blood,
Flint - Ghost,
Galena - Anery Motley,
Garnet - Amel,
Gemstone* (Gem for short) - Normal,
Gimp - Caramel,
Granite - Aztec Normal,
Graphite - Anery Motley,
Gypsom - Snow Motley,
Helenite* - Normal,
Hematite - Blood,
Homer Crimson - Crimson,
Hope - Rootbeer,
Jasper - Sunkissed,
Kimberlite - Normal,
Kyanite - Miami,
Leucite - Ultramel,
Limonite - Caramel,
Malachite - Caramel,
Mercury - Blood,
Mica - Phantom,
Monster - Rootbeer,
Mr. Stone - Ultramel,
Nepheline - Ultramel,
Niccolite* - Hypo,
Obsidian - Anery,
Olivine - Normal,
Opal - Snow,
Pearl - Snow,
Pebbles - Amel Motley,
Pyrite - Normal,
Quartz* - Lavender,
Riverstone - Amel stripe,
Ruby - Amel,
Ryolite - Normal,
Sandstone - Reverse Okeetee,
Sediment - Amel Stripe,
Shale - Ultramel Anery,
Slate* - Anery Motley,
Sunstone - Rootbeer,
Topaz - Normal,
Tourmaline* - Lavender Motley,
Travertine - Caramel,
Vivianite* - Amel,
Wulfenite - Abbott's Okeetee,
and Zircon - Hypo.

The non corns are:
Dolly - Cali King,
Mom's Folly - Cali King,
Jane the Pain - Albino Nelson's Milk,
Thor - S.L. Potosi King,
Valkyrie - S.L. Potosi King,
and Freya - S.L. Potosi King.

That doesn't count the five hatchlings that are without names that we have up for sale.

Some of these next snakes were on our previous list, but have since been sold or they have passed on:
Cinnabar - rootbeer, Soapstone - snow hatchling, Monty - BP, Little John - BP, Runty - Amel hatchling, Un-named - snow hatchling, Citrine - Suspected Ultra, Carbon - Ghost, Sulfer - Butter, and Chert - Blood.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now that the list is done, I'm going to go to bed and rest my weary hand. Even with the copy/paste feature that was a long list to sort.

Jenn

Old 12-14-2006, 05:49 AM   #22
Nanci
I loveit, Homer Crimson! And why do you call Jane "The Pain?"

Nanci

Old 12-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #23
Mrs InsaneOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci
I loveit, Homer Crimson! And why do you call Jane "The Pain?"

Nanci
Yeah, Homer Crimson closely related to Homer Simpson! lol

I call Jane 'the Pain' because she musks all over the place nearly every time we pick her up and she decided that she wanted to brumate on her own and has been off feed for nearly 2 months. She's not losing weight, so we tuck her back where her temps won't drop too low and just change her water every now and then.

That and because it drives my daughter up the wall when I refer to her snake as being nearly as big of a pain as she is! lol. And Little Jane the Pain was a spur of the moment gift to our eldest around Easter of this year all because she fell in love with the 'Egg spot" on her tail and the Breeder knew me well enough to talk me into her.

Jenn

Old 12-14-2006, 07:14 AM   #24
Nanci
Are there any "normal" milksnakes?? They are so pretty- why can't they just act like ladies...

Nanci

Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #25
animan
my parents wouldn't let me get a snake so i got a percival's legless skink i named him legs cause he doesn't have any

Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #26
Nanci
I had a Glass Lizard (no legs) that I named Russell. (What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs?)

And when I was a teenager I had a Three-Toed Boxie with a missing front leg, named Mr. Snyder after a HS teacher with one arm...Respectfully, of course! Gotta love science teachers!

Nanci

Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #27
FireDrake
I love this topic!

I have:

Basilisk: 99 Amel male, my very first snake! I call him Bask

Mandrake : 01 ball python male --I was very excited in the 2nd Harry potter when they had both mandrake plants and a basilisk

Iron: 05 bloodred male because of red rust

Raku: 05 caramel female if anyone knows what Raku is... a Japanese pottery stlye with amazing metallic glazes, I love the feric acid ones... I got her at the same time as Iron so it fit. (feric acid....iron....I'm a nerd)

CropCircles: 05 hurricane motley amel male..... he has nice circles. lol

Mimbrez: 05 hurricane motely amel female... same idea, mimbrez is a Native American style of animals and designs in circles

Freya: 05 crimson female, she has a golden tear drop on her neck, and the Norse Goddess Freya cried golden tear drops

Crasher: 05 Pewter female, I didnt name her but I loved it, Kat sold her to me, named after a character in I think it was Go Bots? Cant remember for sure, an 80's cartoon. I call her Crash

Kawaii: 05 Golddust motley female, also got her from Kat and kept the name. Means cute in Japanese (if I remember correctly)

Samhain: 05 hypo bloodred female, because she has autumn colors. Pronounced Sow-en it's another name for Holloween

Eowyn: 06 lavender female, from Lord of the Rings,

Agador: 06 lavender male, he is so pink, what else do you name a male, pink snake???

Polo: 06 lavender male, I used to have a rabbit named Polo, and I think it's still a cute name

Kraken: 06 butter motley male, named him after we saw Dead Man's Chest

More non corns:
Chimayo: male Mexican Hognose, after a town in NM

DeChelly: female Mexican Hognose, after a canyon in AZ (Prononced Dee-Chey)

Tamarisk and Saffron two female balls named after plants (because of Mandrake)

Druid, Gorgon and Midori, two kind of dark mythology-type names and my favorite alcoholic drink, LOL, Nicaraguan Boas

Lycan: 04 female bairds rat, named from Underworld

Q: 04 male bairds rat, named from Star Trek Next Generation (again I am a nerd)

FoxGlove: female beardie, named after the flower

SunDew: female beardie, named after the plant

Lava: male beardie, named because he is bright orange

Unagi: female beardie, named after my favorite sushi

Tusk: female beadie named after the Fleetwood Mac song

Marry and Pippen: D. auratus (poision dart frogs) Lord of the Rings

Snowball: female whipscorpion

Demos: tigerrump tarantula

Bubo: female cinimmon pearl cockatiel named after Athena's owl

Abi: female lutino cockatiel, named after Abby from NCIS

Bartelby and Loki: male cats, named from the movie Dogma

Reboot: male kitten named because he was brain damaged by a horrid little boy and his brain had to reboot to become a normal cat. And I love the cartoon. (computer nerd too)

And all my cockroaches are either named Munchy or Crunchy

Old 12-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #28
Beothon Lover
My theme tends to be books, mythology or in a foreign language

Serg- male Sunglow corn - named after a character in the the book Cold Fire by Tamora Pierce. Serg(in the book) was the the sleigh driver for the banacors

Non-Corns:
Nyxx- female Ball Python - named after the Greek goddess of the night and also means night

Maeve- female Albino Cal. King - from the books HawkSong,SnakeCharm, FalconDance, and WolfCry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Maeve is character in the book who can shape shift into a white viper..all her descendent's can shift into white vipers as well

Loki- male Bearded Dragon - Norse god, a trickster. Instigated his brother Balder's murder

reptiles that have passed away:
Terra- female normal corn - Terra means "earth". she passed away on thanksgiving of this year.

Syfka- female yellow rat snake - from the book FalconDance by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Nani- female Albino Leopard Gecko - nani means "what" in Japanese, named her that because when i first had her i didn't wether she was a female or a male. nani in Hawaiian means "beautiful" so her name could go either way

Old 12-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #29
Beothon Lover
Oops!! frogot one of my non corns.

Divana- female Dumeril's Ground Boa - came from the siberian name Divan which means "beautiful" I just added an "a" on the end to make it sound more like a girl name...pronounced Dee-van-a

Old 12-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #30
Nanci
Hehehe Monty (ball) Python. I wonder if there are as many of those as there are Maizey corns. Made me laugh!

Nanci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google