CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

The official Black Milksnake thread!!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #31
Suzy
Yay, the thread is reprised! Thanks, Fred!
I love Shazam - he looks so awesome!
And CaptBogart, I love your Black Milk. It looks like he's got just a little bit of color to lose before he's completely black.
And Heather, I love that picture of Envy! Wrath is a handsome little guy, too.

These are a few of the most recent shots of Joakim from his progression thread. I'll have to get some more recent shots of him soon for this thread. Interestingly enough, he's lost most of the band on his nose - it's pretty much brown now. He changed a lot in the 3 weeks since he's had his pictures taken.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #32
The_Thunderer
Wow... They all look great! Most of ours still have colors... but Capt. Bogart... Coal looks AWESOME! Man, I really can't wait for Shazam to change more too.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #33
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Wow... They all look great! Most of ours still have colors... but Capt. Bogart... Coal looks AWESOME! Man, I really can't wait for Shazam to change more too.
Thanks! He isn't from the "Zoo" stock, and I've noticed from looking at the others, that at almost two years old, he's about a year ahead in progression. Oh, and he's close to three foot already too...

Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #34
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart View Post
Thanks! He isn't from the "Zoo" stock, and I've noticed from looking at the others, that at almost two years old, he's about a year ahead in progression. Oh, and he's close to three foot already too...
yeah I've noticed the zoo stock tend to take their sweet ol' time changing to black lol. Wrath is about the same size as yours (close to 3 feet) and still has a lot of color showing.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #35
Tula_Montage
Woa. The number of black milk owners has really grown in the last couple of years!

Here is my boy Noir. He's an 06.

Baby Noir through to big boy Noir. He is around the 5ft mark now but a chunky big thing and growing all the time!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
Michael823
WOW, Oh My God, Incredible! That is the coolest progression I've ever seen Tula Montage. I had no idea Black milk snakes became so jet black. I just thought it was more black speckling, and an overall black wash, but yours is absolutely spectacular.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #37
Michael823
By the way, I have a couple of questions.

How long does the full transformation to solid black take?

Do most/all turn out to be such a solid black?

And lastly, are they somewhat common at reptile shows and/or online?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #38
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
By the way, I have a couple of questions

Varies by snake, some just take longer than others...

Quote:
They turn solid black as adults.

Quote:
You really have to look for them online. I haven't seen any at the shows. Mine actually came from Lee Abbott... of Abbotts Okeetee's

Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #39
Michael823
Thanks! They are beautiful, I will definitely have to find out more about these guys.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #40
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
By the way, I have a couple of questions.

I got Noir in July or August (can't remember lol) 07. By August 08 he was jet black. It was almost exactly a year. But I have heard some lines of Black milks change sooner or longer than others. I have seen some pictures of adults with a little faint hint of banding, but most I have seen are solid black.

In the UK, black milks are VERY few and far between. A lot of people don't even know they exist. I was extremely lucky to find Noir in the UK and he was rather expensive. But I just knew I wanted one regardless of the price. Now you can import them easily enough but the price tag is still there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google