CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #41
Ricky87
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I think I'll ride the Bronco's all the way to the loser's circle. LOL
Don't do it!. Your still young. Let the Broncos take themselves out, and you just stick with the Patriots. They're guaranteed not to let you down and you won't have to rely on Kyle "Noodle Arm" Orton to win. Trust me, go with Tom Brady - he won't fail you!!.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #42
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky87 View Post
Don't do it!. Your still young. Let the Broncos take themselves out, and you just stick with the Patriots. They're guaranteed not to let you down and you won't have to rely on Kyle "Noodle Arm" Orton to win. Trust me, go with Tom Brady - he won't fail you!!.
Um... I have no idea what you just said...

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #43
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Um... I have no idea what you just said...
He's basically saying instead of riding the Bronco's to the loser circle, pick the Pats and ride them to the losers circle. Basically.

D80

Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #44
Ricky87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
He's basically saying instead of riding the Bronco's to the loser circle, pick the Pats and ride them to the losers circle. Basically.

D80
Hey, I hope you think the Pat's are losers; all the more wins for me. They got way better this off-season; Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, Derrick Burgess, plus the amazing rookie Darius Butler. They won't win any less than 12 games this season, that's a fact, and I am really starting to love that offense again!.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #45
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky87 View Post
Hey, I hope you think the Pat's are losers; all the more wins for me. They got way better this off-season; Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, Derrick Burgess, plus the amazing rookie Darius Butler. They won't win any less than 12 games this season, that's a fact, and I am really starting to love that offense again!.
Aww... c'mon, Ricky! FRED TAYLOR??? Last year's stats.. RB Played in 13 games.
Rushing - 143 attempts - 556 yards - ONE TD.
Receiving - 16 receptions - 98 yards - ZERO TD's.
Approximate Value (16 being the highest) 4.

I liked him early on in his career (AND he shares my name), but he's a has been (in football terms) now.

JOEY GALLOWAY???? Last year's stats... REC Played in 9 games.
Receiving - 13 receptions for 138 yards - ZERO TD's.
Approximate Value 1.

I also liked him (former Dallas Cowboy)... but he's also a has been (in football terms).

DERRICK BURGESS - Who is this guy??? Only had 2 "banner" years in 2005 & 2006 with NICE sack numbers (16 & 11 respectively). Last year's stats... DE -LB Played in 10 games.
Sacks - 3.5. Passes defended - 2. Forced fumbles - 1. Tackles 16. Assists - 8.
Approximate Value 4.

Like I said before... Who IS this guy???

Darius Butler - ROOKIE Cornerback... really? Last cornerback that could have a major impact on the game retired in Deion Sanders... The stuff I've read says that Darius will likely be a BACK-UP this year.

I know the Pats have a good coach... but c'mon man. You're gonna have to do better than THESE players to convince me that they'll win "any less than 12 games" this season.

YES, they still have Randy Moss (at least last I heard). AV - 11.
YES, they still have Tom Brady - BUT he played only 1 game last year. No AV for him because he was hurt.
YES, they did get Greg Lewis - but there are some questions about him. AV given 2!!!
YES, they still have Wes Welker - who IMHO is the BEST receiver they've got and most versatile. AV - 13

They ARE favored to win their division and the AFC... But we've seen BETTER Pat teams than this one and I think the Colts, Steelers, and possibly Dolphins have a GREAT shot at spoiling things for them.
Good smack talk though... LOL. And it was fun looking up these guys!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #46
Drizzt80
Fred, you stole my thunder. I'm proud of ya man!!

D80

Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #47
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Fred, you stole my thunder. I'm proud of ya man!!

D80
Thanks, Brent... but the ONLY thing I don't like is the fact that I don't have a team of my own to put up against the Pats... I can't stand the Steelers, the "fish" uh... no.

Denver - new head coach and QB... probably NOT gonna overcome all their weaknesses this year to REALLY contend...

Dallas - meh... They'll probably come RUNNING out the gates only to falter last 1/4 of the season. Romo ain't the savior.

Indianapolis - Peyton will still be as good as they come, but less one receiver and new head coach... I don't think so...

So, no real "hope" for me at the beginning of the season. Perhaps as things progress I'll be mildly surprised (Esp. with Dallas AGAIN one of the "FAVS" of the NFC) but I really don't know. That's why they play the game... and why I think football really is the best game in America. LOL.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #48
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
I don't have a team of my own to put up against the Pats... I can't stand the Steelers, the "fish" uh... no.
My son just started practice today for high school. I'm sure they could beat up on the Pats for you . . . easily! Go Knights!!

D80

Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #49
Cornsnake124
i start practice on monday.. i think when i get home i will plop on the couch and sleep until noon............

Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #50
The_Thunderer
You know what's funny??? Back after 911 I thought it was GREAT that the Pats won the Superbowl even though I was rooting for the Rams (seemed fittingly appropriate after the event you know). BUT, they've become such a "SMUG" team (kinda like the Steelers and Bellicheck certainly doesn't help) that THAT quickly wore off.

Now, I can't wait for them to be at the bottom of the pack again. LOL. Put your son's team up against the Pats and I'll root for them baby! Go Knights! LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google